Oh geeze this is getting so annoying can anyone help?

My DH spilt lemonade on the key board. I used rubbing alcohol and a qtip to clean it up some but a coupe keys stil stick and I end up with 50 "l"s and "o"s or even none at all. I have been having to go back ALOT to double check things. What can I do to clean it up ?

Mrs.Owen86

Asked by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:26 PM on Dec. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• We had a computer store for a few years. The dishwasher is one option, just running it under warm water for about five minutes is another. Let it set for two or three days so it is completely dry and you should be good to go. If the lemonade thing happens a lot, it may help to have a spare keyboard on hand so you can swap them out.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 8:45 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• best bet,buy a new keyboard.I don't think you'll be able to properly clean it.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 3:28 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Grr LOL, Didnt want to do that but oh well.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:30 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Some of the key boards you can gently remove the keys and clean them. We had to do that with ours and it worked fine.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 4:00 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• The keys come off, take them off and clean in between the keys. Then click them back on. Remember to UNPLUG the keyboard before doing this just incase.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:13 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Ok, you wont believe this...I didn't at first, I heard it on John Tesh radio. You can actually put your keyboard in the top rack of your dishwasher. Heat dry off of course. Then lean it at an angle for a day or two until completely dry and it does work!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 4:15 PM on Dec. 18, 2009