Is anyone's baby making "raspberries"?

My son is 8 months old and is big on spitting/raspberries. Are any of your kids doing this? Do you know how long it lasts or if it is a hint to anything coming up, like teething or something? Or is it just that he found his tongue?

Asked by sunshinepraying at 11:09 AM on Jun. 25, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter still does it and she's almost 11 mos. old! I think it's a way of discovering sounds and her mouth/tongue, etc. She also likes to play with her voice and listen to her echo in the bathroom! They are so cute!

Answer by algolden05 at 1:43 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• my son started that around 6 months and it lasted about 2 months... it made me laugh so i guess it was his own little way of being silly.

Answer by momsamillion at 11:14 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• My DD is 4 months and she just started doing it. Honestly, its just their way of experimenting with their voices :) And just wait til they get school-age..they'll prolly drive you nuts blowing raspberries! lol.

Answer by schmoo_mommy at 11:17 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• My youngest son blew raspberries on my boob when I was nursing him when he was about 7 months old!!! It was cute!!

Answer by Bethsunshine at 11:41 AM on Jun. 25, 2008