Do you ever feel as though you don't know your SO/DH as well as you once thought you did?

I have been having many moments lately where I just do not feel as though we "get" each other.

dani2780

Asked by dani2780 at 4:05 PM on Dec. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• Every time I think I know him I find out I don't know him at all! He and I are total opposites and have almost nothing in common but we connected a few years back. Sometimes we "get" each other and some days we are like strangers but even on those days it's fun to get to know him all over again!

Answer by admckenzie at 4:41 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• That's a different way of looking at it. I'm going to try your perspective.
    dani2780

Answer by dani2780 at 4:53 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Yes. It's disheartening to me. He seems to be reverting to the kind of selfish jerk he is said to have been before he and I met. Some days everything is great, others it's like who the heck is this guy? He has become so insensitive and caring of others more than me and our children that I'm thinking of asking for a seperation. I asked for one last month but he didn't agree and said things would be different. So far, hasn't happened.
    Anonymous

• I hope things get better for you. If not, there's always the door..
    dani2780

Answer by dani2780 at 8:11 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• how well do you ever really know anyone? and wouldnt it be kind of boring if you knew everything about someone? as long as his behavior isnt abusive (physically, mentally, emotionally, verbally) and he is still a caring person then enjoy the surprises :)
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 6:02 PM on Dec. 19, 2009