What is the most embarrassing thing your child has ever done?

justluvinmyson

Asked by justluvinmyson at 4:07 PM on Dec. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• A friend of mine let her teen child living with down syndrome use the men's bathroom in the mall. It was taking him awhile and she could hear him singing. Men walked into the bathroom and they turned around and walked right back out. She sent her boyfriend in and he found the teen naked under the hand dryer. So this boy then ran out of of the bathroom, naked, and ito the main area of the mall. Well...he may have had a young mind at heart but he had a grown man's body. Try to catch a streaking mad teen with down syndrom in the mall. Oh, and then he jumped in the fountain. That is truly the best story I have ever heard.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 9:31 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• My daughter saw my sisters mom at a family function and asked me " why does that guy keep talking to me" and she was standing right there behind us. I don't think my sisters mom looks like a man but my DD sure did.
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 4:10 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• When my oldest was little, he was not very modest at all and did not care if anyone/everyone saw him naked. Well he discovered that he had a 'finging wee' (swinging wee) and he liked to strip naked and shimmy around and make his wee swing. (yeah, for a while there we thought he had the makings of a chippendales dancer!). One day I had company over, and he goes in his room, strips down and comes out dancing and prancing away. I was sooooo embarassed. The ladies just chuckled and said they had kids, knew what it was like. Thankfully he did finally outgrow that.....
    Anonymous

• lol anon, it makes me happy to have two girls.. I can't say they've really embarassed me just yet, although my 2y o was in the changing room with me and peeking under the stall. I didn't realize anyone was in there but I told her get up off the floor. She got up and told me "That lady's in ther!!" I said, "Well no peeking it's nice." and she looked under again and said, "She's got pretty legs, mommy!" Then I heard the girl laughing.. but I still made her sit on the bench and look at her self in the mirror.
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 4:26 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• well he's only three so mainly the most embarrasing things are when he throws fit's when we are out with friends or in the store. One of his funnier moments that could be classified as embarrasing was when we were in the vet's office and he saw a big clock and said "look it's a cock!" the vet busted up laughing and i was like cLock
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 4:32 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Anon :11 - I feel your pain! My daughter once stripped down when I had several male friends and relatives visiting and she ran through the house yelling, "I'm Nakey Girl".

My younger daughter has learned to say, "stop hitting me!" (I don't hit her, though her brother ocaissionally does), and she now uses to voice her frustration over pretty much everything. It's a little funny when she yells it when I'm brushing her hair (gently of course), but when she gets mad and yells it at the store I'm sure people think I must be smacking her.
    Anonymous

• Just the other day: he had his holiday program at his school. All the other students were lined up and singing. He was standing so cute dressed in his holiday outfit and then hitting himself in the face yelling "OW." Then he jumped up and down yelling he had a trumpet in his butt. I could have slid under my chair. I wanted to leave early but I was taking pictures for the class.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 6:36 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• My daughter decided to cut one side of her head. Her brother then decided to even the other side up. When I came home from work, my daughter looked like bugs had eaten half her hair, so I shaved it down to her scalp! She then ran around her preschool trying to prove to other male students that she was a girl by showing her "sista meow." I went off on a teacher for punishing my daughter by having her stand in the corner. Why weren't the kids punished for teasing and bullying her so badly?
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 7:02 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• We were at a restaurant and my niece was getting potty trained, being taught to go to public bathrooms alone. Her mommy checked and no one was in there, and she could see the door. So she took my niece in and told her that she needed to learn to do this alone. Back at the table we heard a big speech about how important it was for her to be independent. Just as she took a breath, my niece opened the door (pants around her ankles)and yelled "mom! I pooped!" (she still needed help with toilet paper afterward)
    Usually when she says mommy, it's my SIL she wants and Mom for me. But when my SIL looked at me to see if I'd maybe take care it it, I said "I believe you're being paged mommy!"
    How's THAT for embarrassing?

LadyAronna

Answer by LadyAronna at 8:20 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• We took a friend to court (gave him a ride) and my son and I waited in the waiting area and a sherrif deputy walk through the area and my son said "mommy were you a cop once?" I said no why? He said "If you weren't a cop why do you have handcuffs in your dresser?" AND HE SAID IT REALLY LOUD!!! I SAID IT WAS A PART OF A HALLOWEEN COSTUME!!! LOL
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 9:33 PM on Dec. 18, 2009