I've seen someone ask this question before, but I cant remember what everyone said it was and Google didn't help...

I've read on here about leaking something and it smelling like draino? Like the chemical smell....I couldn;t remember if someone said it was amniotic fluid or when your water breaks or what it was. My panties have been wet today and there's a weird chemical smell, and I'm 99% sure it's not urine bc the smell is too strong and it doesn't smell like urine at all...can someone please help me :( I'm at work right now and I'm going to call the Dr as soon as I go on break.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:13 PM on Dec. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• amniotic fluid doestt smell. doest smell like amonia?
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 4:22 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• how far along are you?
    Anonymous

• I'm 33 weeks. No it doesnt have an amonia smell but it does have a sweet, chemical smell. I just called my Dr and I'm waiting on a nurse to call me back about it. My panties are really wet so I dont think it's urine. It's happened a few times the past week and a half or so but it's really bad today and I'm sitting down at work and I can smell it and it's strong.
    Anonymous

• K. LETS SEE AM TRYING TO FIND SOMETHING. CAN YOU GO TO THE BATHROOM AND TAKE TOILET PAPER PUT IN YOUR INIDES SIT DOWN AND WIAT 5 MTS IF ITS SOAKED THEN IS FLUID. WHAT TIME YOU GET OFF WORK?
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 4:40 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• It definitely could be amniotic fluid since it usually has a sweet chlorine like smell. I go in and get checked ASAP.
    mummy22kids

Answer by mummy22kids at 4:41 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• my amniotic fluid didnt smell

but if you're leaking thats pretty much all it can be- at 33 weeks you need to go in now!!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:48 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• mine smell butmy dd had pooped in me while i was inlabor and it was green and brown
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 4:52 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• "water breaking" IS amniotic fluid. They are the same thing...
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 6:03 PM on Dec. 18, 2009