Everyone is sick with some sort of upper respiatory cold...i hope newborn will be ok.

both my little boys are sick, as well as my husband, with a terrible cough....and now ive been coughing too, i woke up from a nap...now i have a sore throat....i thinks its breaking up now...but i have a 23 day old baby, that im nursing....do you think she will get sick?........i keep washing my hands every 2 sec...and trying to keep her away from my 23mo

guitarmom101

Asked by guitarmom101 at 4:32 PM on Dec. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Because you are nursing her immune system is boosted by your antibodies.
    I got sick around the same time when my baby was that age and she had one bitty sniffle and a couple of coughs (literally) and that was it while my husband and I were sick with the plague for several days and had the lingering cough and stuffy nose for two weeks.

Breastmilk is good stuff!
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 4:37 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• She should be fine. My almost 3 month old has already had two colds, but they went away pretty quick. Like amileegirl said breastmilk is great for immune systems.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 5:11 PM on Dec. 18, 2009