I was due on December 9th

I was due on december 9th and my blood pressure has been extremely high. I was in the hospital 3 times within the last week because the dr kept sending me there. I went to the dr today and my blood pressure was 146/104.They have been checking me for preeclampsia but they keep saying I dont have it. I have not had blood pressure problems ever in my life until I got pregnant. When I went to the dr today they stripped the membranes. Does anyone know how long it will take for that to help? Since I had it done I have been feeling alot of pressure. They are having me do a 24hr urine test and then if the protein in my urine is over 300mg then he said they will induce me on monday or tuesday if I havent gone into labor yet.

deliamomma09

Asked by deliamomma09 at 4:57 PM on Dec. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm sorry I don't know the answer to your question, but I wanted to wish you well. You must be so ready to have this baby. Good luck to you!

Answer by Bmat at 5:08 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• membrane stripping doesnt work for veryone. i kew people who got strip a few times and still went pass theur due date. i had it done and went into labor 3 hrs later. i was 4 cm and 75:effaced when i had mine done. i was 38 wks
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 5:09 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I had my membranes stripped with my first two and it did nothing. It wasn't until at least a few days later that I went into labour. But I never had any pressure afterward, so maybe something is happening for you. Good luck, hopefully baby decides to come soon!
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 5:09 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I didn't have to have that done but I wanted to say good luck! You have been through quite a bit it sounds like. I can udnerstand you must be ready to have your baby already. I hope it happens for you this weekend. :)
    Anonymous

• My mom SWEARS this scooting technique will work for anyone. Her OB told her to do this with lil bro and he was in her arms in 5 hours. No pitocin or anything.

Sit on Carpet cross legged/ indian style. Cross your arms over your chest. Now scoot across the carpet on your butt. You'll have to use your core muscles. It's really hard. Scoot for like 10-15 minutes. Wait an hour. if your water doesn't break, scoot again. You want to do long passes-- like 12-15 feet in one direction. Your living room might be the ideal place for this.

Good luck!!
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 8:49 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• i think i posted this in another question of yours to look at the cochrane collaboration website. it doesn't necessarily work. if it is going to work, it would be within a couple of days or so. good luck to you
    Anonymous