Does the Bible say anything about knowing that someone is cheating on their spouse...

and not telling the spouse about it. My MIL says that the Bible says that if I know and not saying anything then I am just as guilty. Is this true? What does it say....I don't know much about the Bible. My co-worker is cheating on her husband.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:08 PM on Dec. 18, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'd say ask your MIL for the passage she is referring to.
    J1nx

Answer by J1nx at 5:29 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I don't know if the Bible says anything regarding your concern....
    It is a hard thing to decide... if you want my opinion ... how close are you with this person's spouse?
    I would look at the whole ... what could possibly happen if you tell... the domino effect as I call it...
    I don't feel that you are as guilty she is the only one doing the cheating you are not... it's sad that she
    is doing this in such a public way, but think the whole thing out before deciding ... How are YOU going to
    feel afterwards, are YOU ready for any back lash that may come out of telling??? I am only trying to have
    you think before deciding
    I wish you luck on this tough choice
    JMO
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 5:33 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I would also ask for the passage that she is referring to. Mull it over within your spirit before doing anything. Pray over it. If you decide that telling is what would clear your own conscious, perhaps find a way to do it anonymously.
    Anonymous

• Do you need a reference to guide you into doing what you think is righ and correct? Listen to your gut and do what you think is right.

Answer by older at 6:07 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• It's such a hard dilemma to be in... I'm in that situation right now with a friend. She is cheating, her dh doesn't know, she 'fessed up to me. Personally I've chosen not to tell her husband for a variety of reasons... I don't know him very well, she came to me in trust, the 'domino effect' of him finding out will cause a lot of pain to two families (hers and the other guy's- he also has children) and I don't want to play a role in that. Instead I am trying to be the voice of reason... I keep telling her why this affair is a bad idea, how her children stand to be hurt, how she needs to take responsibility for her actions and do what she knows is right, etc. I don't agree with what she's doing, but I can't take responsibility for her actions... it's not my place. I can only speak from my heart and let her make her own decisions and hope she will eventually make the right one before everyone suffers for it.
    Anonymous

• Speaking as someone that has been cheated on by her spouse, I suggest you think it through. Personally, I would tell him. I wish some of the people who knew my dh (yes, we are still married) was cheating had told me. It might have saved me some face at the place were I was working at the time. But, in the end, I figured it out on my own. So, I suggest you think it throw. If you know the woman's husband well, will he think you were betraying him by keeping this secret? Or, do you not know him well at all, and she will just say you are trying to cause problems because you want him? Think about what may happen to everyone invloved (you included).
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 7:14 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• If it were me, I would just stay out of the whole thing.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 2:10 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• I'm with Marwill. It's none of your business what your co-workers do, whether you approve or not.
    Koukla12905

Answer by Koukla12905 at 8:03 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• I'm with Marwill as well. It's best to stay out of it. As to the bible claiming saying that you're guilt by association...it doesn't make sense. I mean, look at Jesus...what was he doing hanging out with the sinners and prostitutes?
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 9:53 PM on Dec. 20, 2009