Does anyone else have a deep hatred of the glue residue left behind after you remove a sticker? Agh! Vent your Holiday Hassles here!

So I am putting together a toy for my toddler and there is this annoying little "Try-Me" sticker pasted to the side. I guess the real meaning behind the invitation was "Just try to get me off of here, Sucka!" Why can't they all be those easy to remove versions??? Going to get the Goo-Gone now. Thanks for the vent!

WindyTheWidow

Asked by WindyTheWidow at 5:46 PM on Dec. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Hanging tabs. The flaps that stick up on top of boxes so they can hang them from a rack instead of just stacking them on a shelf. Without them, you'd have a mostly regular 6 sided object that is easy enough to wrap with just two hands, no need to use toes, nose or elbows. With them, you can either cut them off (leaving rough edge that may or may not snag the paper), tape them down (virtually assuring the tape will pop off just as you're attempting to fold the paper down on that side of the box), or attempt to hold them down until you can trap it with the paper while simultaneously folding the paper, tearing off the tape and assuming positions the kama sutra couldn't even imagine.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:20 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• For sure!! Why is it we can send people to the moon but cannot find a way to have a sticker come off a product cleanly?!
    l-momoftwo

Answer by l-momoftwo at 5:48 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Haha, I TOTALLY feel your pain on that one. Or even worse, you try to get a sticker off, and only part of it comes off, and you end up having to scrape the rest off one TINY little bit at a time. Argh.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 5:48 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Yup, that's what I'm doing. It pulled partially off in about four pieces, no matter how carefully I tried to do it. I used my thumbnail to try and scrape the rest of it up, which only left it looking gummy and dirty. Now it is soaking in Goo-Gone. Stupid stickers.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 5:50 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I probably would have left the sticker on it, heh.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 5:51 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• lol my hassle was trying to get the shipping sticker off of the my loving family doll house that was shipped from toys r us...got half of it off them said to hell with it my daughter is too young to notice it (she is 2) and luckily enough all the try me stickers were on the box not the toy itself as far as the boys gifts went
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 5:55 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I should've left the sticker there untouched, but once it was partially removed my little bit of OCD kicked in and it had to be GONE! LOL! Now I'm trying to put this stupid thing together with the barest of instructions. What were they thinking!?!?
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 5:57 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• What did you get him? I'm still trying to decide whether or not I want to put this bouncing zebra thing I got for Aiden together before Christmas, or if I'm just going to have him tear off the paper and do it later that day, heh.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:00 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I got him a Home Depot Power Tools Workshop. I figured I would put it together and unveil it. He has already had a fine time climbing on the box and pressing the buttons on the displays.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 6:04 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Haha, two presents in one! First the box, now the real thing :)

Mine just discovered the joy of crayons... Actually using them to "draw", not to eat, that is. They're just growing up so fast, it's crazy!
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:07 PM on Dec. 18, 2009