Want to know what NOT to buy? Please post it here!

Do NOT buy the Home Depot Power Tools Workshop for your DS. It is a total POS and I am so frustrated that I didn't take it back to get the wooden Craftsman one from Sears before I sat down to put the stupid thing together. I am SO very dissapointed!!!!!

WindyTheWidow

Asked by WindyTheWidow at 6:37 PM on Dec. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes on the Moon Sand. IT SUCKS!! My kids wanted it for months, but I kept saying NO. We finally got it last Christmas and they were over it by January. It was dried out (but it never dries out according to the commercial) by February. We tossed it by March. What a messy stupid product. Yeah, I gave my kids an "I told you so."
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:35 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• moon sand

Yeah, I know, should've been obvious. We will NOT be making that mistake again.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:50 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• do not buy the transformers devastator!!! Its a hundred dollar clunker! Just like all transformers except this one is one hundred dollars. I'm glad i got my money back!!!
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:51 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Ohhhh....NP.....I thought the moonsand looked cool. I probably would've bought it, too, if DS was old enough.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 6:53 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• why whats wrong with moonsand? i know nothing about it...my son has always begged for it and i've always thought it just looks like a big mess but i caved in and got him some for christmas..just to make him happy. I think i can deal with a little sand..i'm sure he will just play with it once and toss it to the side anyways
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:54 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• i can tell you what not to watch...do not watch the movie bruno! omg i was not expecting anything i saw in that! i loved borat..i thought it was somewhat funny...but bruno was horrible!
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:01 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I heard that My Littlest Petshop is just a piece of plastic and not worth the $30. The plastic container it comes in is very bright and colorful but if you actually look at what you can do once you take out the fake paper animals it's just a plastic "store" that opens up to have ledges for the animals to sit on. I didn't buy it either.
    katie23

Answer by katie23 at 7:07 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Moon sand is very VERY fine-grained. It will stick to itself, but the stuff that spills will get into any tiny crack or crevice it brushes past. Add to that it's about as entertaining as Tickle Me Elmo. You spend 5 minutes spreading out something to cover the table, getting the case out, etc. They spend 5 minutes playing with it, just long enough to spill some, then get bored. Then you spend another 10 minutes making sure you got ever speck of it cleaned up so you don't track it through the house on your socks.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:09 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Ditto to the Moon Sand. This is a really great idea! I shall be checking this thread to see what others say.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 7:11 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• do not buy the spicey chicken tenders at walmart deli...my entire family was on the toilet all night!!!!!
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:15 PM on Dec. 18, 2009