How do you make yourself feel better when you are having a "I wish I looked like a super-model" day?

I feel horrible right now. I don't think I should, because I'm not terribly ugly. I just feel like I am not what my fiance' really wants me to look like. I guess I shouldn't have seen those girly magazines he was hiding from me. Yup, you heard right. I found them.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:49 PM on Dec. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• You should love yourself above all, I am sure your fiance thinks your beautiful! remember beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Answer by older at 6:54 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• work out.
    Anonymous

• Okay, first off, I'm pretty sure EVERY man in the world has girly magazines, that doesn't mean they'd rather have those women than you! Secondly, supermodels if you see them in person aren't all that wonderful. They're too skinny, too tall, too angular, and strangely enough, not even all that attractive in the face. They have a certain something that tranfers great to film, but in person, they're often kind of...weird looking. Believe me, most men would much rather have a girl with a real body, not just bones with some skin over it.

As for those chicks in the nudy magazines... they're jerk off material. He probably doesn't even see them as real people. It would be the same as you fantasizing about Johnny Depp. Yeah, he's hot and all, but would you give up your fiancee for him? Hmmm, maybe not the right example, because I'd TOTALLY be tempted, heh.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:57 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• My husband loves porn, but I must say, he is the pickiest man I have ever met when it comes to women. He finds something wrong with the most beautiful women in the world... Angelina Jolie, Kate Beckinsale, Liv Tyler... I mean, I sometimes wonder how in the world I cut muster.

The point I'm trying to make is that just because he likes looking at naked women in magazines doesn't mean that's what he wants in a woman. Just like my husband likes to watch porn, but doesn't particularly find the women in it terribly attractive.

Talk to him about this. Tell him you want reassurance that you are beautiful to him.

And finally, learn to love yourself how you are. Because obviously you're a hot chick, or you wouldn't be engaged and a mother :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 6:58 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Ugh that would piss me off if I found my hubby hiding that crap, in that case I would go eat a cupcake, in other case I just think about my hubby my kids and just watch some tv and then I'm back to reality.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 6:58 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Start wearing sexy underwear.  When you are undressing at night and your SO sees you taking off your usual clothes, it should fire his rockets to see something sexy underneath.  Plus it will give you more sexual confidence just knowing you are wearing it and that shows.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:00 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Fake fan does it for me especially on my face, makes me feel good not pale and it's great under make up. Also in the morning you look great :)
    I fix my hair and put flattering clothes on too.
    We'll never be able to look like the models in the magz.
    Their air brushed within a inch of there lives :)

laika

Answer by laika at 7:07 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• A man who truly loves you does not see the makeup, the hair color, the inches gained or lost. He sees your soul when he looks into your eyes. Those magazines have nothing to do with the love he has for you.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 7:12 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Ati_13. No offense, but that's because he's seen it so much, it no longer appeals to him. In other words, he's umm...brainwashed himself in to seeing these perfect women, that if he sees anything less than that, he can't appreciate it completely without finding something supposedly "wrong."
    Anonymous

• Go look in a mirror and tell yourself everything you like about yourself. Do you have pretty eyes? Nice hair? Clear skin?
    Find something positive about every area of your body.
    Remember real men actually prefer real women to supermodels. Obviously your fiance prefers you too, because out of everyone in the world, he chose you! :)

When I feel frumpy, I get myself gussied up and flirt with my hubby. :) It's a fun and easy way to remind myself -- and him!-- that I've still got it! :)
    Dove14

Answer by Dove14 at 7:23 PM on Dec. 18, 2009