Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


So, I got hit today, from the back I was at a complete stop. She was found at fault but im not sure if she was ticketed, I left in the EMS truck, my SO finished the paper work...But the girl who hit me is with the same insurance company. So, what do i do, i filed a claim, but they told me not to do anything until my claims adjuster talks to hers. I need a car, mines not real safe. and im already REALLY sore. Everyone else in my car was okay. But anyone have any advice, or dos and donts...what can i expect in the next few days? THANKS! Im so shaken up right now i dont know what to do, and to make it worse, my sons First birthday is tomorrow!


Asked by sweetstkissez22 at 7:07 PM on Dec. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

Level 19 (7,070 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (7)
  • The same thing is going on with me now! I was stopped also and the car hit me going 45....I had a tore tendon in my shoulder from it and part of my rotator cuff broke....I had to go through therapy and surgery. If I were you, I'd get an attorney! We have an attorney settling mine now. She told me, since I was released from therapy, they'll get all the papers bills together and give them to the adjuster in the attorneys office. Then they'll give them to the adjuster in the insurance office and they will then make an offer. As, for a rental car, I never got one!

    Answer by lovinthislife08 at 10:50 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

  • Well, unless you sought medical attention today, I would think everything is pretty clear... do nothing until you hear from the insurance company. What you are feeling are just muscle strains from your body tensing during and immediately preceding the accident. You will be sore for a few days, but otherwise you should be fine. Unless you have rental insurance on your policy, I don't think you could get one based on her insurance, regardless of who was at fault.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:23 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

  • Yes i got medical attention today, i went to the ER because i had really bad stomach cramps after the accident and im almost 23 weeks preg. I had an AWFUL headache, and they diagnosed me with a shoulder strain!!!

    Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 7:27 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

  • I would call the 800 number on your insurance card and ask them how to proceed from here. Feel better sweetie. I'm sorry that this happened to you.

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:25 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

  • Call the adjuster and tell them to supply you with a car. If yours is not operable after the accident they should supply you with one since its a necessity.

    Answer by cherrygirl87 at 8:36 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

  • Call your insurance agent and ask them what you need to do and what will happen.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:22 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

  • You may want to seek out an Attorney. AND call your insurance about a rental car.

    A family member of mine was at a stop light, misty rain and a man hit them from behind. Her husband had been gripping the wheel on impact and was pushed into the intersection, just missed being t-boned! Had two broken wrists he found out days later, his wife's (my cousin) back was bothering her later on that evening.

    It's been 4-5 months, still not in court, but their truck got fixed. The guy admitted he looked away for that split second and said it was his fault. Still dealing with the insurance companies I guess........but DO get re-checked if you are still in any pain. Have everything documented for sure!

    Hope you feel better soon too! GOOD LUCK!


    Answer by Anonymous at 3:37 AM on Dec. 19, 2009