Does anyone else have a not-so-handy hubby?

I love my guy, but he is not mechanically inclined. I am the one that gets stuck putting things together and taking care of the house. This afternoon I thought something was wrong with our heat only to realized DH never disconnected the AC. So for months anytime the heat was on, so was the AC compressor. Today it froze and were it not for the knocking ice I would've never known. I didn't live here last year so I had no idea. Also, he was supposed to cover the outside pipes but never did. Guess who gets to do that tonight after she gets home in the dark and freezing rain? Yup. Me. I told FIL to just tell me what needs to be done around the house from now on, LOL!

WindyTheWidow

Asked by WindyTheWidow at 7:15 PM on Dec. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Oh man... absolutely. Every time my SO even tries to put something together, or fix something, I tell him not to, because he's bound to mess it up. Matter of fact, just yesterday he decided to change a lightbulb and ended up dropping the cover, shattering it. He's got two left hands. Every piece of furniture in the house, every toy for the kid, all put together by me. A couple of months ago, we had a really heavy rainfall. I was at work, he was at home. He called me to tell me the back room was getting flooded. My dad had poured cement over a piece of dirt, even though I told him it was for drainage. So I told my SO to just break up the cement. Instead, he decided to fill a couple of garbage bags with dirt to block the water. Except, he put them INSIDE, at the bottom of some stairs, instead of a) doing what I told him or at least b) putting them by the friggin' door. Seriously...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:23 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• NO thank heavens! He can fix or build anything!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 7:28 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• My dh is cute and sweet and useless with anything mechanical or home repairs. We always call the plumber, roofer, whatever!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:35 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Nah, I like masculine men!
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 8:09 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• My man is no good with things around the house either, but he has made great friends with plumbers, electricians, etc., and always knows just who to call. : ) I don't fault him for it at all....not all men are fixers.
    Anonymous

• Mine is natural at a few things but he tries to go way beyond his god-given talents, mostly to impress me. I told him before our first date I wanted to marry MacGuyver. He has replaced all the toilet components, installed new water filter system, landscaped, rigged up fancy yard inventions for my outdoor cooking pleasure... he's on a shelf hanging thing now. baby crib should arrive this week. Can't wait for that!!
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 8:35 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• What a second, Seven, I never said DH wasn't masculine. He just isn't a Mr. Fixit. He's a Harley riding, guitar/drum playing, manly-man. But I do know what you mean, my first husband could build or fix anything.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 10:27 PM on Dec. 18, 2009