do you believe you reap what you sow?

i have always been taught this and just wondered how many people actually believe this.

Babiluv80

Asked by Babiluv80 at 7:15 PM on Dec. 18, 2009 in About CafeMom

• I don't believe you reap what you sow on earth, but I do believe you eventually pay for your transgressions after you've passed.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 7:19 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I believe it... Or rather, I believe when you are negative, you will receive negativity in response. Even if you are a good person, you will occasionally run into bad things, no way to avoid that. But in general, I do believe in treating others the way you'd want to be treated. And I absolutely believe in karma.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:19 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I agree Anouck-right after you answered my puppy question I found one. Thanks!
    But Reaping what you so is a reflection of the circle of life. Things come full circle. If we do bad things, often we think we've gotten away with them if there are no immediate consequences. Then 10yrs later, when you've changed your attitude and your life and things start to go wrong-you wonder why. Or ask God why he doing this to you. What goes around always comes back around, no matter how long it takes.
    Dmommy4

Answer by Dmommy4 at 7:28 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• for me it's called karma
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:31 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Most defenitely!

Answer by older at 7:32 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Yes you are solely incharge of your own life. Sure there's the weather, but ultimately what you do and don't do shapes you life and is up to you and you alone.
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 8:01 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Yes. Come to my page and read my "top 10" list.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 8:15 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Yes, I do. There are some people that I hope I see it when it happens.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:32 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I would like to bank on karma....there are a few in our lives that need to ride that 'karma' train. I guess the answer to your question for me is a big YES!! ;)
    Loryl

Answer by Loryl at 8:47 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Hmmm, I didn't interpret this to be a phiosophical question about karma and the afterlife etc. Rather, I interpreted to be more along the lines of how much do our choices dictate the life we currently have.

To a certain extent I believe we create our own reality, so yes in many instances we reap what we sow. There are things in life you can't control, things that come at you out of the blue. But, I also think a lot of people make bad choices. There are a lot of people out there who believe that life happens TO them and that they have no control over what their life is like. Sometimes we don't realize how much control we actually do have.
    EmilyandIsaac

Answer by EmilyandIsaac at 9:29 PM on Dec. 18, 2009