are there any non-vax mom's with an autistic kid?

did you decide against vaxing? is your child autistic? what do YOU think causes autism?

katatrinakay

Asked by katatrinakay at 7:35 PM on Dec. 18, 2009 in Kids' Health

• The stupidity of some of the previous responses is simply astounding.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:17 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Genetics.
    Anonymous

• Me too, genetics... That's it... Nothing else. Anything negative stuff you hear about vaccines is crap. If you don't vaccinate that kid, no one will ever want to be around him or her. He cannot go to school, nor daycare.. and I don't want my child around anyone who is not vaccinated!!!
    Anonymous

• anon, you need to educate yourself on what you can and cannot do if you haven't had vaccines. Your kid can go to school and daycare, and unless you homeschool out in the woods your child WILL come into contact with nonvax'd kids. There have always been nonvaxed kids. Kids with certain allergies, kids with suppressed immune systems, etc, have never gotten vaccines.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 7:49 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Anything negative stuff you hear about vaccines is crap.

wow, so I guess there ISN'T anything to be concerned about in them. and no one has EVER had a bad reaction. and the HPV vaccince is perfectly safe. and all the doses of H1N1 are of effective strength.

anon, you don't speak for me or for my kids, I have no problem with my kids being around unvaxxed kids. 

if you trust vaccination so completely, why do you fear the unvaxxed?

autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 7:50 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• You need to study the amish. :)
    http://www.whale.to/vaccine/olmsted.html
    Honestly, autism isn't my top worry when it comes to why I don't vaccinate my children. Look at the ingredients, look at the potential side effects! - arthritis, diabetes, seizures... these are all listed in the package inserts that come with the vaccines. These and many others.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 8:12 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Oh, and I have a little piece of paper I print out from my computer that allows my child to attend school. It's called an exemption ;) Every state has 'em. www.nvic.org
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 8:13 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Genetics
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 8:21 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• How can their be a sudden genetic epidemic? Poof in the last decade our genes have changed so dramatically? Genetics doesn't even make sense on this one.

Science journal proves link between vaccines and autism: http://www.bio-medicine.org/medicine-news-1/Scientific-Link-to-Autism-Identified-61602-1/
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 8:28 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• The vast majority of Medical Journals say the percentage of children with Autism is the same amongst vaccinated and unvaccinated children.

The one man who did a study suggesting a link between the two has since lost his doctor's license.

So you either believe the peer review medical journals, or you believe the peer reviewers have a conspiracy a-foot.

I also understand many people also don't vaccinate for unrelated religious and allergy reasons.
    Anonymous