Picky Picky Anal Retentive!

We are remodeling our Kitchen and my DH is so anal retentive about everything. He calls me 25 times a day to bitch about something the contractors are doing and they are not even done yet. Today it was about a 1/4 of an inch that the cabinet did not meet the hood range he ragged on me so much it put me to tears. What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:49 PM on Dec. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• Turn off my phone during the day. At least you'd have some peace until you got home.
    Anonymous

• Why is he bitching about it to you? Shouldn't he be bitching about it to the contractors?! You're the customers, if you're not pleased with the work--no matter what it is, it's your perogative to say something! Sounds like he can yell at you because you're his wife (not that it's acceptable or an excuse), but he's really "afraid" to say something to the contractors! Tell him to speak up if he's not happy, and not make you the "bad guy.!"

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:54 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Just get through it. You're stuck.
    Anonymous

• Set rules about your realm and his realm. I pull the gender card on this one.

Kitchen remodel = man work. Man handles it. Man gets much sex after project is complete.

Let him know you don't give him the gory details of your recipe exchange failures, you don't bitch at him when stains don't come out in the wash, you def don't tell him about how your period has ruined your last good pair of underwear. I think if you brought his attention this way he'd understand.

sometimes we really speak different languages.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 8:21 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Yes, I have no problem hanging up on my DH if he's getting out of hand on the phone. It's better than listening to it and hashing it out. Anyway...You need to tell him to stop. I know its hard to live with someone who likes to micromanage. My dad is like that and i'm glad that my husband is the least judgemental and critical person I know. Some men are like that and VERY hard to deal with. I would tell him to stop griping at you for something that's not your fault or you are going to hang up and/ or walk away if you are having a face-to-face discussion.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 8:23 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• i agree with lorikeet
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 4:45 PM on Dec. 19, 2009