elective c section ???

so im due feb 22nd my doctore doesnt do v back due to uterian rupures, so she decided either the 12th of feb or 17th to take my little guy out of me she goes on vacation after the 12th i really want her to deliver me but she said she is leaning more towards the 17th any ideas on if she will choose 12 or 17 ??? or advise!??

ohmama213

Asked by ohmama213 at 7:52 PM on Dec. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It would be best to have another ultrasound when it is getting closer to delivery time to make sure of due dates. You do not want to deliver before 38 weeks. Studies found that elective C-sections were being done too early and there is a significant difference in infant development at 37 weeks vs 38 weeks.

I would get a second opinion. If it has been less than 3 years since your last birth it probably would be better for you to have a C-section.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:58 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I would be so suspicious of that! Her vacation is NOT as important as your baby!

Have you gotten a 2nd opinion on your VBAC candidacy?

PP is right about trying to stick it out as long as possible. If a c-section is going to be the way to go, try to keep the lil guy in there as long as possible. You'll need a doctor who is very interested in doing diagnostics to get his measurements, check out his lungs, etc.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 8:43 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I would probably go with the one closest to my due date, although, at the end of my last pregnancy I wanted to take the earliest date they gave me, lol. I wanted the kid out and was in so much freaking pain from my hips dislocating and the swelling in my feet and legs.
    I was given a choice of any date the week before my due date but the doctor advised me to do it after 39 weeks (which was a Wed) and I had been figuring that date the whole pregnancy so I picked it. But I also loved the date: 4-5-06. I thought that was pretty neat but I could have picked that Monday and gotten her out a little earlier.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:44 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• sounds like th dr is more concerned about her vacation then you! mine was the same way and i was induced with reluctance and wish i had stood my ground. she kinda scared me and i gave in. maybe that is whats going on here. you may very well be able to have your baby normally. if you really can't get to the closets to your due date, not the earlier one.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 8:54 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• THE LATER THE BETTER!
    Anonymous

• ican-online.org
    check that website out. it gives you all the facts on vbac. the risk on uterine rupture is much less than the risk of a repeat c/s
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 8:16 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• *uterine rupture during a vbac is much less than the all the risks of a repeat c/s
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 8:17 PM on Dec. 20, 2009