what random objects did or do your kids play with that arent toys?

My 6 month old was scooching around on the floor and found an empty baby cereal box that fell out of his diaper bag and he pushed it and chased it all over our living room for at least an hour. So that got me to wondering what other random objects other kids are getting amusement from.

bjw_053109

Asked by bjw_053109 at 8:06 PM on Dec. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• DD loves to play with empty soda bottles. 2-liters, 20 oz bottles, whatever she can get ahold of. She goes nuts waiting for me to get done drinking the soda so she can play with the bottle. She also has to play with empty juice boxes when my SO is finished with them!
    sadiesmom87

Answer by sadiesmom87 at 2:13 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• My toddler grandson's favorite things to play with are two flat bamboo salad forks that are about 12 inches long that I got at clearance at Walgreens for a quarter. He walks around with them, pounds on stuff, makes music, & hands one to someone else to sword fight with him. The dogs don't like them much because sometimes they get pounded.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 8:09 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• My kids loved playing with my pots and utensils, empty boxes, and the TV remote. I was lucky enough to fake them out with an old calculator to replace the remote. lol Thanks for giving me a short walk down memory lane.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 8:12 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• my cell phone and the remote control. she loves them!
    dani2780

Answer by dani2780 at 8:13 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• He loves the remote & cell phone, although he KNOWS he isn't supposed to play with them.
    Next fav... a HUGE box he can get into! I got a shipment from JCP that a couple of Christmas gifts came in, the box is about 2x3x2, so he can easily get into it. He loves it and it has been his fav toy for the last week!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 8:32 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• right not its a washcloth.
    cherrygirl87

Answer by cherrygirl87 at 8:34 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• a peice of paper.....it can keep him entertained for HOURS I am amazed that he doesn't rip it up and try to put it in his mouth....he just carries it around and krinkles it up and acts like he is reading from it!
    Hulkgrrl

Answer by Hulkgrrl at 8:38 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• oh my godness.... anything and everything. combs, socks, cups, diapers (clean), my CELL PHONE!!!, my drivers license, her feet.... mine is 8m
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 8:58 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• my kids 7 and 3 love playing with bubble wrap they walk all over it and pop it they have so much fun doing that
    mom2ryneandsam

Answer by mom2ryneandsam at 9:15 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• My dd likes playing with plastic bags. He likes the sound. I'm always sitting right there with him, but he just loves it
    Anonymous