Have you ever seen someone driving without their lights at NIGHT?

We have our first snow of the season right now. I was looking out my living room window at it, and lo and behold, I saw a pickup truck putter by with no headlights on. The street is covered with snow and there's more coming down. You'd think they'd realize that something isn't right...

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 8:14 PM on Dec. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• yep every once and a while.... If Im in the car I flash my brights at them and they usually turn their lights on right away.
    Odd how you could not notice your headlights being off.
    Anonymous

• I've done this before because there was adequate light from the street lights for me to see, but it didn't take me too long to realize it before I switched them on. So, yes, with any sense, that pickup probably figured it out soon enough. Let's hope so anyway.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 8:18 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Sure have, earlier this evening and the jackrabbit nearly hit me.....and then proceeded to flip ME off. Merry Christmas to them. Lol
    Anonymous

• Yes. And i've been the dumb ass driving without my lights on at night. More then once. lol. yea. i'm not always the brightest despite my above average IQ. lol but it doesn't snow here and i've never done that in the rain at night either.

outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 8:37 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• It happens a lot here in the city especially just after dusk because of all the street lights. You get so used to the constant ambient lighting of the stores and street lights that you forget to turn on your lights. You usually don't realize it unless someone flashes their lights at you or you turn onto a less lit side street.
    We're also required to have our lights on (at least running lights) if our wipers are on for an extended amount of time (as in if it is raining or snowing).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:49 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• yes, the street lights make it so that you dont realize your lights are off.
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 8:52 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• i was out an hour ago, saw a person with their lights on. The couple looked like they were about 90yrs old.... luckily I beeped at them and shouted that they had no lights on. they just kinda waved at me like i was crazy.... and then got the hint.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 8:56 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Yeah, I flash my lights at them too.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 9:23 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• yes!
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 9:27 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• ALL THE TIME! It drives me nuts- but truth be told, I've forgotten to turn mine on more than once.
    :/
    Anonymous