Should I go to the hospital?

I am 32 weeks pregnant with my second child. My little boy is usually very active. I feel him kick and squirm inside me all day long. But today has been different. Not in the sense of every day life for me, but in his movements. I think I've only felt him move around 10-15 times today in all. And that is WAY off from normal for him. I know that around this time his room to move is getting smaller and there will be less movement, but I did not think that there would be this much of a decrease in 24 hours. I am not having contractions nor do I feel bad/sick at all. Should I call my doctor and see what he says or should I just go straight to the hospital to get checked out?

Tricia_letteCFR

Asked by Tricia_letteCFR at 8:19 PM on Dec. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• ALways get it checked out if you feel something is wrong. Even if there isn't, you will feel better if you went. This happened 3 years ago to me and we waited (not that it mattered) but she was already gone. I was 39 weeks pregnant. GO.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 8:22 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• GO! If you think something is wrong, don't ask here, go to L&D. As a mother who had a stillbirth 4 months ago, GO.
    all4mymarine

Answer by all4mymarine at 8:23 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I started to feel my son move a lot less by 30 weeks. It's mostly because they don't have as much room to move. If you have doubts, it's better to be safe than sorry.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 8:25 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• A big decrease in 24 hours isn't right. Go now.
    SEEKEROFSHELLS

Answer by SEEKEROFSHELLS at 8:51 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Let us know if everything is alright!!!
    Rachell9503

Answer by Rachell9503 at 10:08 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I am not a run-to-the-hospital advising mama but in this situation, I would at least call the doc if I were you. My doc has his patients do kick counts every day and you should feel 10 movements within a 3 hour period so if you havent done that today then I would call. I would try drinking or eating something very sugary and then laying down for an hour and see if he moves before you go in but I would definitely put a call in to your doc
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 11:31 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Yes, please let us know if everything is okay and if you went to L&D!!

I had a similar experience as a PP, although I didn't have that instinct that something was wrong till it was too late. My loss was from a cord accident as well. I think 3rd trimester ultrasounds should be routine.

Anyway! Please update, I worry when people post things like this!!
    all4mymarine

Answer by all4mymarine at 1:10 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• I am not a run-to-the-hospital type of mama either, but I honestly think you should go in. Tell them what is going on & that you will NOT leave without an ultrasound.
    Good luck! ((HUGS))
    emslala

Answer by emslala at 2:31 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• I went to L&D. They did a NST on him and it came out ok. I have to go do one every Monday now. I'm high risk because of Gestational Diabetes. I went today to get it done, his movement was alright. His heart rate they are a little concerned with. He didn't have 2 spikes within 20 minutes that lasted 15 seconds. So now I have to come back twice a week. They put this little thing on the bottom of my belly that made a loud buzzing sound along with vibration to get him stimulated. That finally got him going. Thursday I will go back for another NST. If his heart rate doesn't spike like they want I will have an ultrasound to make sure he's getting enough oxygen, the cord isn't wrapped around him and that the placenta is still intact. All that kind of scares me and makes me wonder why wouldn't they do that now? But I guess if they were more concerned then they would do it now. I will put update on my profile at the end on the week.
    Tricia_letteCFR

Answer by Tricia_letteCFR at 1:40 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Thank you to everyone that answered. Have a wonderful Christmas/ Holiday and New Year. :-)
    Tricia_letteCFR

Answer by Tricia_letteCFR at 1:41 PM on Dec. 21, 2009