What would you do?

My husband is flying in from Germany. He missed his original flight and MIGHT have caught a different flight to a destination 2 hours a way from my current location. I have no way of knowing if he actually caught this flight because the airport and the airlines will not give out that information.
He could have caught this flight ...or he might not have. Or he could have caught a flight going somewhere else entirely. I'll have no way of TRULY knowing until he calls me after he arrives.

Would you drive the 2 hours to the airport to be there for him IF he arrives? Or would you wait until he calls and then make him wait for 2 hours as you drive to pick him up?
I think he had a decent chance of catching this flight. But there is no way for me to really know.
What would you do?

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 8:25 PM on Dec. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i would go to the airport and wait to see if he caught the flight. if he did catch that flight you will still have to drive two hours. im sure he would be happy for you to be the first person he sees when he gets off the plane.
    xavierlogan09

Answer by xavierlogan09 at 8:29 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I would wait for a phone call. I certainly wouldn't drag my two kids out in the middle of the night to pick him up at the chance that he "might" be there. He's a grown-up and can fend for himself for a couple of hours until you get there. IMO... maybe I'm a mean wife. LOL
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 8:27 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Me? Id be so antsy that I would go. Worse come to worse you get bored and go drive around the town/city for a bit and come back maybe by then youd have a phone call and youre only about five to twenty minutes (depending on where you are) away from the airport.
    cherrygirl87

Answer by cherrygirl87 at 8:33 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I would sure WANT to go, but honestly it would probably be better to wait for the phone call. Try to get some sleep while you can. I know it is exciting to have him home, but you don't want to go where he may or may not be.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 8:38 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• sleep? lol ruttermama. i have two boys and it's not even 6pm yet here. i'm not getting any sleep any time soon!
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 8:40 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I'd wait for the phone call- Most airports have something to do for 2 hours, and he probably has a mp3 player or something to do. Besides, if he didn't catch the flight and here's somewhere else, if you are at the airport it will take you that much longer to get somewhere else. I'd just wait for the call.
    Good luck!
    LadyAronna

Answer by LadyAronna at 9:02 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• LadyAronna.
    If he is somewhere else he'll have to fly to where he needs to be, which is where i'm going. lol it just might not be the right time.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 9:10 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I would wait, whatever would ya do with the boys in an airport if you have to wait? I think it would stress you out more to go. Wait for the call, and be all ready to go so you can throw your stuff on and head out. I know how excited and desperate you are to see him sweeite, but just a lil longer, hang in there. soon it will be your first Christmas! :) (hugs)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 9:27 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I would wait. He will be there waiting and if he already knows that YOU know he may or not have made that first flight and had to take another one, he should understand you are not there when he arrives and SHOULD contact you on your numbers!

He'll be safe at the airport and should be fine in waiting for you to pick him up. Long flight........so he should be tired.

Any way of calling friends/family IN germany to actually find out WHICH flight he took?

If no one knows for sure........wait for his call. It will be worth waiting for!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:55 AM on Dec. 19, 2009