Should Michelle Duggar stop having children?

Her 19th child was born December 10th, weighing only 1 lb 6 oz. The baby was delivered via emergency c-section because Michelle suffered from pre-eclampsia.
She reportedly wasn't due until spring.
Many people think this is a sign that she needs to stop having babies, that the health of her and the baby is suffering because her uterus has been long overworked. The Duggars already have 18, shouldn't they be happy with the ones they have?
Is it really possible for a woman to meet a "maximum limit" of children they are able to bear? If so, maybe she should get her tubes tied...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:25 PM on Dec. 18, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• i thought it was a galbladder thing that caused the labour
    boogernoodle

Answer by boogernoodle at 8:27 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Oh I know! I really do hope Michelle gives her body a rest. She deserves to take care of herself so she can take care of the ones she has.

tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 8:28 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I suppose that would be up to her and her doctors. Im sure if shes told that shes perfectly healthy to have more she just might. I would hope that she would have the common sense to stop though, she's killing her uterus. But I also hope that if she is told not to have any more that she wont.
    cherrygirl87

Answer by cherrygirl87 at 8:30 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Well, that's her personal business, but I would definately recommend that she stop having kids. I didn't want to risk conceiving after my second child because of my RH factor (my blood type is incompatible with my childrens) . I took the preventive shots, but I just didn't want to take the risk after my second son had jaundice because of it. If she looks at this situation and feels as if it is because she's conceived and birthed too many children, then she will probably do what's best and not put any more children at risk, but she is doing what she believes to be the will of God. This is a tough one for me.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 8:31 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• i thought it was galbladder too....she takes good care of her children if she was adopting them and taking care of them would people say the same thing about her having to many children to take care of??? I think its up to her and her husband if they want more kids let them have them at least their kids are raised good and not some crazy kids who grow up and do bad things
    Anonymous

• She didn't go into labor, she had preecplampisa and had to have an emergency c-section. This could happen with the first baby or the 25th baby. It is no one's business or choice other than the Duggars if they decide to have more. They can afford the kids, so it isn't anyone's business.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:36 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• It was her gallbladder. It could happen to anyone, first child or 19th.
    It is not a "sign" of anything. Her fertility is between her and her husband! They have 19 well behaved, healthy, smart children. They are taken care of in every way!
    isra1986

Answer by isra1986 at 8:37 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• "I suppose that would be up to her and her doctors. Im sure if shes told that shes perfectly healthy to have more she just might. I would hope that she would have the common sense to stop though, she's killing her uterus. But I also hope that if she is told not to have any more that she wont."

I wonder who she would put poor faith into...God or her doctor? I mean, her doctor can say one thing, but if she is willing to "see what God will provide" she may get pregnant again...whether she is risking her and the baby's health or not.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 8:39 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I'm sorry, I meant :"MORE" faith into :-)
    babycakes254

• I would rather see them have another baby than to see another cracked out woman have a baby out on the streets. She is a great mother and I think she loves children and should be able to have as many as she wants. It may have been her 19th and premature but what about my friend whose baby was born at 26 weeks. It was her first baby and it died. Should she stop just because her body didnt carry the baby properly. I think this decision is up to God.
    annamcg18

Answer by annamcg18 at 8:43 PM on Dec. 18, 2009