sick 5 week old

clear runny snot mucus in nose and mouth

what to do

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 9:39 PM on Dec. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• cal l ur pedi and tell them what is going on. It's probably nothing but when baby is so young, you need to be safe rather then sorry.Watch for fever, wheezing, difficulty breathing or if babies chest is significantly raising or sinking in when taking breaths. If anything like that happens, run, don't walk to your car and head to ER or call Ambulance depending on how long it is going to tke you to get there. Also try a humidifier while baby sleeps and have him sleep in the swing so he is not laying flat, saline drops in his nose and a bulb syringe works great for the runny nose. If I think of anything else I will let you know.
    eyedoleyes

Answer by eyedoleyes at 9:45 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• call your doctor
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:41 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• my dd didn't have it in her mouth.. more so the back of her throat like post nasal drip (so it sounded) to us.. but she did have it in her nose. Hers was not very severe, but they said to suck the boogers out, use a humidifier (i use a cool mist one), and I was also told to raise her mattress slightly by putting a pillow under it. Her dr is very cautious about meds..so we tried that first, and it helped. You could always call the dr though, just for peace of mind.. i do that all the time.
    Anonymous