5yr old underwear too tight or is it an allergic reaction?

My 5yr old is pretty big for his age. 95% height, 75% weight. Lately I've noticed that his underwear is digging into the skin on his waist leaving red marks. He says that it doesn't bother him.

He wears a six 5/6 pants and I have him in size 8 underwear, character print ones. I am very worried about the marks. Could it be a reaction to the elastic? Or should I try a bigger size? any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:47 PM on Dec. 18, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• You say yourself it's digging in. Get him a bigger size, but switch brands just to see what happens. Size of underwear doesn't correlate with size of clothing.
    Anonymous

• I would buy different kind as well. My son is tall and skinny but the underwear with the elastic waist like walmart brand or hanes digs into him; I can't stand it. I like gymboree, healthtex, or even the big boy size at walmart with the different types of super heroes to choose from on them
    Anonymous

• if it is diggin in then try a dif brand ot bigger size, hanes ha the kind that the band in covered, they dont have charactures but they will feel better
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 1:41 AM on Dec. 19, 2009