working mom vs. sahm......... let's see if we can answer this question like adults

We all understand that we have choosen our lives for our own reasons... we have choosen to be working moms or sahms for our own personal reasons and no amount of badgering can change that.

But let's just see if we can answer this question nicely.... and honestly... have fun with it (with out being rude)

If you were the opposite of what you currently are (working vs. sah) what do you think the best part would be???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:55 PM on Dec. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Im a sahm.... my kids are older but when they were little I would have LOVED to be a working mom if only to drive in a car with out listening to wheels on the bus.... and to pee by myself, even if it was in a public bathroom.
    Anonymous

• I am a SAHM (who waitressses a few nights a week). If I were to work full time during they day, I think the social interaction my son would get from being in a daycare would be a great benifit- or my husband getting a taste of what I go through every day while he is at work and I am at home with a 2 year old (and 29 weeks preg).
    Now if only they could make it so a husband knew what it felt like to be preg....
    Anonymous

• I work 50 hours a week. I think if I stayed home I would be able to work out more.
    Anonymous

• I have done both, I am currently a SAHM. Until I became one I worked 50 hours a week. Although I enjoy being at home sometimes, I had better self worth when I worked.
    Anonymous

• I am a full-time working mom. I wish I had more time at home to bond with my 9 mon old daughter and see all the milestones first. I feel like I'm missing out. My own mom was a stay at home mom until I was about 7 and the bond we had while growing up and her teaching me to cook, clean, etc, is priceless. I hate feeling like I have to cram everything in to just the weekends.
    But, you gotta do what you gotta do!
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 10:01 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• op here...

so far so good.

Thanks for being so honest and POLITE

Anonymous

• I was a working mother, I hated every minute of it, worrying about my little one. I had every right to worry, he was injured at 7 months old while I was working. So now I'm a stay at home mother. If I could turn back time I never would've went back to work. I always said how great it would be to stay home, but not at this price. Now that I've been a SAHM for a year and a half I miss social interaction with others. I only see Doctors, parents and patients in the children's hospital, not much quality social interaction.
    lmsar

Answer by lmsar at 10:03 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• anon 9:56 u are to funny but i agree..lol....im a sahm and i think just haveing a break from hearing mommmmmm!!!!!!!! would be nice plus getting some xtra cash in pocket would be nice. i love what i do 24/7 but there are days i would like to punch out and just breath and again not here mommmm shes touching me!!!! and me repeating stop touching your brother..lol...
    Anonymous

• I have done both. I'm not a sahm by choice, but due to health. Once we found a daycare we all loved, I had no qualms, and can't say I wanted to be a sahm (I was only working part time, btw, 7 hours a day, 3 days a week). I've now been a sahm for 5 years, and while I do like being able to do stuff with/for my kids' classrooms, so whatever I want, etc, I really really wish I had more adult interaction - mainly like my old job. I miss my old job (not the boss though!).

Long story short, the best part of the opposite I am now would of course be the adult conversation!
    Anonymous

• If I was a working mom, the best part would be having work friends. Here at home, the only friends I have are the cats. And of course the extra money wouldnt hurt either!
    Anonymous