has this ever happened to your son?

My son is 2 years old. a few days ago I was changing his diaper and noticed his penis had a cut on it. I brought him into the dr. They said that his circumcision had healed and then ripped. This is the second time it has happened and the dr. said it was very common- even in older children. Have you ever had this happen with your son?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:55 PM on Dec. 18, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Never. He'll be 3 in March, was circ'd at 2 days old, and we've never had issues with it beyond the first couple of weeks.
    Anonymous

• no not at all never ever heard of that..my son who is 4 now was done when he was also 2 days old and never had a problm and he healed nicely. is it possible to get another opinion?? maybe another doc? poor lil guy..is he in pain? i have NO clue what u could put on it to ease pain if he is..im so sorry mama..xo
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 10:16 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• do you pull it back? we had a baby at daycare who's mom didn't know to pull it back every once in a while and it grew back, poor kid had to get it re-done. the mom felt so bad, can't blame her though, most mom's don't know. i didn't have kids at the time, but that stuck with me (especially after having to change him and hear him scream) so needless to say i knew what to do when i had a boy!
    Anonymous

• we do pull it back to clean a few times a week. The cut didn't seem to bother him at all. There was a cottage cheesy discharge (dr. called it smegma). I obvioulsy don't have a penis, so I don't know what is normal. I feel like maybe it was cut too short or something?? I don't know. they used the plastibelle for the circumcision- is this what you all had with your procedure?
    Anonymous

• I HAD MY SON DONE THE DAY AFTER HE WAS BORN !
    Anonymous

• My son has never had this problem; he will be 4 in a mth. I would research it online and probably take him to see a different doctor.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 10:45 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• OP HERE: my son was circumcised the day after he was born. the question is is it normal for this to happen so long after it has been done.
    Anonymous

• this has not happen with my son, and i also had a bit of a time with pulling back when i cleaned him,but i did it.I have also never heard of this either, that doesn't mean its not out there. I'm so sorry for you and especiallyfor your little guy....it must feel uncomfortable. I would see a diff doc. There is away to heal this and you need to do it asap. (: . Give your little a hug. he'll be ok

EarthHippy

Answer by EarthHippy at 11:04 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• My son isn't circ'd but what happened to your son is called adhesions and it happens to many circ'd boys.
    To prevent it from happening you need to pull back the skin every diaper change and for now apply vaseline to the rim to keep it from sticking while it heals. And after it's better you need to retract the skin daily.
    Adhesions are one of the common complications that come with circ'ing your son....
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:47 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• I've never had that happen with my son. and I've never heard of it happening before now...
    and my son was circ'd the morning after he was born.

hope your baby boy is feeling better soon!
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 10:32 AM on Dec. 19, 2009