If you chose not marry...

but you live as if you are married...... Im curious as to why.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:10 PM on Dec. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would like to know the answer to this as well. Why is this so common? Why buy the cow when you get the milk free is what comes to mind to me..
    Anonymous

• SO and I were only together for 3 months when we got pregnant, and we didnt feel we should get married just because of that. We have been together for a little over 2 years now and are both happy being in a "long term relationship" at this time. Will we marry eventually? I wouldnt mind it :) But we are just going with the flow!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 10:17 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Why buy the pig when you get the sausage for free?
    Anonymous

• I got married 3 times. All three times the men changed after the ceremony and treated me as though I were his property and made demands that they never made before. Now I am in control of me. No man can tell me what to do. A woman loses power when she signs her name on the dotted line. I think women are more in power when they just live together. What is so great about a piece of paper anyway?
    Anonymous

• Do you want an honest reply? Most don't marry if they are under a certain income in order to recieve more tax money at the end of the year, I have heard this from many that do this.
    Anonymous

• My answer is almost exactly like Owl Feather's. My SO and I were together for 8 mon when we got pregnant. We've now been together a little over 2 years. We want to get married, and soon would be nice, but it's a money issue. I don't want to get married in a courtroom just because it's cheaper. I want to take the time to save. Do we want to marry? Yes. We love eachother so much. But right now, it's just not feasible. We are happy the way we are.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 10:22 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

I love this answer!
    Anonymous

• What would happen if the SO would die? Do these same couples not realize that if they are married the widow would recieve SS from the dead spouse? If they are not married they do not have that option.
    Anonymous

• ANON :21... I find it hard to believe that they "changed" as soon as you got married.
    More likely you choose poorly.

I absolutly do not believe that women loose their power when married... unless they choose poorly or choose to do so.
    Anonymous

• I agree with anon 10:30. And as for the taxes we were going to put off getting married b/c of the taxes and dh's back pay for child support (from time of birth to the court date) so they couldn't take refund as well but then we learned how to avoid that. Its just a piece of paper yes, but it symbolizes so much. And I couldn't stand not having the same last name as my ds, and I wanted him to have dh's name. But I know its because of taxes that fil and his gf aren't married.
    bjw_053109

Answer by bjw_053109 at 10:55 PM on Dec. 18, 2009