reflux?

any ideas on how to leviate the symptoms of reflux? i hate having my daughter go through and not knowing if there anything out there that would help. i read online about using baby cereal with her milk. although not sure i want to do that. just wondering what ladies have done that helped. she is almost 6 wks old now. we just found out this past saturday that she had this.

melody77

Asked by melody77 at 10:37 PM on Dec. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• All babies have some degree of reflux. Often it can be treated by smaller meals, probably more frequently. If it is causing a great deal of distress in the baby you can ask for medications. A lot of doctors start with zantac and tend to under dose it. It is extremely weight sensitive, so if baby gains a couple of pounds the dose needs to be adjusted. My sons both had moderate to severe reflux. They were also dairy sensitive, so as a bf'ing mom I had to eliminate all dairy from my diet. When I used formula with my 1st, it had to be soy. With my 2nd son, we used prevacid solutabs instead of the zantac and it worked so much better. (it didn't exist when my 1st son was a baby.) I also used rice in a bottle with my first and all it really did was constipate him and make him want a bottle because it was quicker than nursing (nearly 12 yrs. later and he is still a fast eater.) feel free to pm me.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:57 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• You can get a wedge to go under her mattress, bassinet pad, or even an elevated snuggle nest. That helps a lot and was recommended by my dtr's docs
    Danyellimom

Answer by Danyellimom at 11:39 PM on Dec. 18, 2009