Confusion

I just finished treatment for BV (bacterial vaginosis) the other day and now I have no idea how to tell if it's gone. I still have discharge that is white to pale yellow or clear. No more smell though, which is the tell tale sign of BV. Although it never really smelled fishy like they said it would. I KNOW it was BV though because I've been tested for everything else under the sun 3 times, and the bacteria which causes it was always there. If left untreated it can lead to premature rupture of membranes, so I'm wiggin out because I cant' tell if I still have it, if it's gone, or what!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:59 PM on Dec. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Your Dr should have no problem retesting. Just call and ask :)
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 11:12 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I'm pregnant and my normal discharge now is clear, white, or pale yellow without much of a scent. Why would they have treated you for BV if you didn't actually have it? There is a test for it and while the bacteria is always there it is not usually a problem unless the the bacteria count is high, which of course they can tell. Sometimes during pregnancy there is irritation that is not caused by anything but by having extra discharge and discharge often has a stronger scent during pregnancy, which is normal.
    Anonymous

• During pregnancy, a lot of discharge is TOTALLY NORMAL, and will increase over the course of your pregnancy. Try not to panic! Use panty liners, and try sleeping bottomless, so your girlie parts can breathe, and to prevent a yeast infection, since they are more common during pregnancy.
    As long as you were good about taking your antibiotics, the BV should be gone. I can understand your concern, though.
    Try to relax, and enjoy your pregnancy!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:38 AM on Dec. 19, 2009