Snow? Anyone?

Holy crap! We have FIFTEEN inches! That's completely unheard of here in Western NC. The last time we had snow even close to this degree was during the blizzard of '93.

There are hundreds of people stranded on the interstate, unable to move at all. People are in their cars, have been for 6+ hours. They'll be either sleeping in their cars, or walking several miles in hopes of getting a hotel. CRAZINESS. And my town has 38,000 homes without power. (NOT ME!!! :))

DusterMommy

Asked by DusterMommy at 11:14 PM on Dec. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Wow...I remember the blizzard of '93, here in PA we got SLAMMED, and it was the year my mom got her hysterectomy done, had to be released from the hospital three days early because they didn't know if she would be able to get home during the blizzard! It just started snowing here about an hour ago. I think we are supposed to get about 6 inches this weekend.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 11:16 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I am in PA as well but where I am it isn't snowing yet. They are calling for 6 to 10 inches in our area. I can't wait! But I did just get home from the grocery store and all the crazies are out.
    Anonymous

• We haven't had snow like that since I can remember. But 2 years ago we had an ice storm that wiped out power to over half the city, they had electric companies ccoming in from several states to come help restore power, we were without power for 2 weeks and 3 days. It was nuts, I still have pictures, there wasn't a tree in town that didn't get damaged.  Here are just a few from my neighborhood and yard. http://s201.photobucket.com/albums/aa241/felsingerfamily/ice%20storm%202007/ Consider yourself lucky you still have power!

AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 11:26 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I'm in Orlando... It was in the mid 80's today... Absurd!
    itsjaimiehere

Answer by itsjaimiehere at 11:27 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• send it to ga...i want some
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:31 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• A good reminder to double check on that little emergency stash we have in our car (blankets, food, water, etc).

We just barely bought a little folding shovel because we couldn't help a little two-wheel drive car get stuck out the snow and mud during our last storm.

Anonymous

• Those people sleeping in their cars better have stowed extra blankets in their cars. I always did. Without power the elderly and young are at great risk. I hope everyone is checking on their nieghbors and such. When I went through hurricane IKE and came back to no electircity and devestation, I saw first hand, people helping others. Those that do have electricity may offer there homes to those that do not ---- if through the snow they can get there.
    SEEKEROFSHELLS

Answer by SEEKEROFSHELLS at 11:32 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Oh I saw on the news they are predicting an artic blast coming through Texas, and it will be bad Christmas Eve, and Christmas and Texas might get snow then. Houston just had snow recently within the last 2 weeks, good luck!
    SEEKEROFSHELLS

Answer by SEEKEROFSHELLS at 11:35 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I am in Kentucky and we have 5 inches so far and are supposed to get alot more over the next couple of days. I'm excited though, we hardly ever get big snows.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 11:45 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• we are supposed to get between 2-6inches tonight here in ohio.......its so pretty....but horrible to drive in :(
    MamaSusieQ045

Answer by MamaSusieQ045 at 12:03 AM on Dec. 19, 2009