how do convince dh that a moby is a good buy?

I've tried telling him I can nurse in it and do so much with our 4 month old in it. He says $50 is too much to spend on something I'm only gonna use for a few months. I've tried telling him I'd use it til she's 2. I've even been looking on craigslist and ebay for cheaper ones but he says since we have a front carrier we don't need one but he doesn't understand that I can't nurse in our front pack so I can't continue to do things around the house. What else can I say to him? I don't have a job so I have to ask before buying.

mom06and09

Asked by mom06and09 at 12:20 AM on Dec. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Have you thought of making one? You need 5 yards of fabric... which may, or may not work out to less than an actual moby (but it would make 3, instead of just one! ). Etsy.com also has cheaper wraps for $30ish. Other than that, I will tell you that you should NOT have to ask before buying anything. It doesn't matter if you work or not, you are married and all your assets are communal. Does he always ask permission to buy things?

Really... that's a much bigger issue... and if he insists that it's "his" money and you must ask before spending any of it... you need to start charging him for your "services". Childcare, cook, housecleaner... Send him a bill every week and then you will have the money that you have earned.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 12:38 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Well honestly its not that I have to ask but he has the money (he doesn't have a bank account so its cash only) I do get child support for ds but tend to try and keep it for bills. I've looked into making one but its still too much money. We are barely making christmas happen this year.
    mom06and09

Answer by mom06and09 at 12:46 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Well, sweetie, I've got one leftover from making the one I used with DS2. It's just tan and the edges are unfinished, but it's yours if you want it. Nothing fancy, but will do the job around the house. I actually have one with blue and tan flowers as well... kinda antique looking.   Either/or just let me know!   They are made from jersey knit and it's a little stretchier than the material that mobys are made from... but works good for an infant if you tie it tight enough. 

LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 12:52 AM on Dec. 19, 2009