Enfamil

Has anyone used the enfamil restfull formula for night time feedings? Do you think it really helps them sleep longer?

xredstarsx

Asked by xredstarsx at 12:54 AM on Dec. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I haven't & I wont. It is suppose to make them FEEL full longer so that YOU can get more sleep. To me, that just seems selfish...but that's just my opinion. If you think about it though, to keep them feeling full longer, they would have to make it heavier on the stomach, & formula is already heavy on the stomach that I would think it would cause upset tummies & possibly other problems with digestion. Babies need to eat every few hours, if you're lucky enough to have a baby that sleeps during the night that is awesome...but I don't think they should be made to sleep longer than their bodies think they should.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 4:05 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• I would NEVER give that to my baby! It is so un-natural. When I read the description it just sounds downright MEAN! To basically artificially inflate baby's stomach so they feel "full" longer so that mom can sleep more? If you don't want to parent 24/7, don't have a baby. Babies are supposed to wake up to eat during the night.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 11:39 AM on Dec. 19, 2009