a mom at 13

Does anyone know of a girl who has had a baby under the age of 15 ? Did she turn out to be a good mom ....I am not judging or anything..me and my friend were talking about it because her mom has her older brother at 13 ...but in this case she was definatly not a good example...she has 5 kids and didnt raise any of them ( even the ones she had in her 20s ) ...and one day while I was at my friends and she came to visit her grandson, she kept saying - OMG I dont understand how you guys can stand these kids.....

But my grandma got pregnant at 14, had her right after she turned 15 ( second and 16, third at 17, fourth at 19, fifth at 20 and sixth at 23) ...and she was/is a great mother !!!!

I know when I was that age, I barely took care of myself...I couldnt even imagine...even though I did have my first at 18, and turned out to be a great mom... but i still cant image at 15 or 13 ..Can you?

glamomomo

Asked by glamomomo at 1:13 AM on Dec. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think every person is dif and you really never know how they will react to beinga mom. It can be hard and stressful at times and some people dont understand that the good times do not usually out number the crappy/stressful ones.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 1:35 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• I know of a person that had hers baby at 8 yrs old and she was a good mom. I think the younger u have them the better cause you can party with them or do more things and have fun, plus yoiu get to watch them give you great great grandchildren:)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:28 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• I don't know of ANYONE who had kids at that early age. My son is 15, and I tell him don't even think about having sex, or you will have to deal with me, and it won't be pretty. I'm not ready to be a grandma. It is a sad fact however, that there are young teenage mothers out here confused because their kids themselves, and most of the parents abandon these kids and leave them alone to raise these babies. This is why the babies end up in a dumpster, or abused. How can a child raise a child? We go through life teaching our kids about sex, but are they really listening? I don't think so, but my son better not go there. I tell him to get his education FIRST, the hot mamas will come later on waaaaaay down the road. i want him to be successful, there is no way he can succeed being a dad at an early age. He tell me all the time that he hate babies, and i don't have to worry, but I always do, we all do.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 3:47 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• 8 years old? Are you kidding? I hope you are! There is no way an 8 year old should be bearing kids. They should be riding their bikes, or playing with dolls. This is sick, was she raped? That i can understand, but just getting pregnant at 8, I cannot stomach. I will kill a man or boy if this happens to my 8 year old niece. This is sad! I've heard it all now! You find this okay? My God, what is the world coming to?
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 3:54 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Well back in the old days. Women got married at 12 & 13 cause thats when they were given away. So many women had children then but also they were taught different then today. My greatgrandmother got married at 13 and became a mother right away having 8 children. In todays world. its crazy a child should be a child. not a mother. I got pregnant at 18 I'm just thankful it wasn't any sooner. but if a 13 year can be a good mother depends on really how her parents where to her and if she's learned from them. I think 18 is young enough. And I'm only 20!
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 8:32 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• I had Abbey at 14, but I got pregnant at 13. I consider l to be a good mother, Abbey is polite, well dressed, well-mannered and clean. Just because someone has a baby young doesnt mean that they're necessarily(sp. sorry) a bad mother. I carried on with my education, got married at 16 to Abbey's dad and am now pregnant with #2. I'm 17 now and looking back, before I got pregnant I was so immature. I think motherhood ages you, in a good way. Now I realise that when my mother was saying, dont drink, dont smoke dont do drugs that it wasn't because she was just being strict, it was because she loved me.

abbeysmummy

Answer by abbeysmummy at 3:24 PM on Jan. 5, 2010