baby with dry skin

ok so my 9month old has the worst dry skin ever no matter what i do ive tried bathing him less like every other day instead of everyday. Ive tried oil, lotion, not putting his clothes on right away, different soap. I mean nothing has worked. Its only really bad on his elbows legs and sides and sometimes his face. His face is the only place that seems to clear up when i put lotion on it. So any advice I use the johnsons baby lotion. So if anybody knows anything else to try please help me out!

sep_10_07

Asked by sep_10_07 at 1:31 AM on Dec. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have been using Curel for instant dry skin relief. It seems to help but my son's legs and the back of his arms by his elbows are still chapped a bit. I don't know what really works. It wasn't this bad til it got cold. Good luck :)
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 1:36 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• thank you leann74016. my sons are in the same place and like you said they didnt get bad until it got cold. My oldest had the same problem but i would just rub oil on his skin and it would be gone but my youngest it just doesnt seem to work. But ill try it out
    sep_10_07

Answer by sep_10_07 at 1:39 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• your welcome. It doesn't get rid of it but it does help a lot :)
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 1:41 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• ya because the lotion im using now is just not doing anything!!! it doesnt even feel like its done anything right after i put it on
    sep_10_07

Answer by sep_10_07 at 1:44 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Go to Target and get California Baby lotion. Its expensive but it works. My sisters kids and my kids all have eczema and we tried different lotions, but nothing worked til we used california baby. Its all natural with no dyes or chemicals or anything. Also take him to the dr to make sure its eczema if it doesnt go away.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:47 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• sounds like eczema. My daughter has it. Dermotologist recomened the cream CeraVe too me. They keep it behind the pharmacy counter(u just have to ask for it). I think it's because it's spendy(I pay around $15. It is worth every penny!!!! Go as unscented as you can in yout home. That's soaps, laudry detergent and so on. Double rinse her clothes, no softener. Change bed sheets at least once a week. Alergin covers for pillows and beds is important. Dust Miltes & mold tend to cause problems w/ people w/ eczema.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:04 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• no lotion no soap.
    use a perfume free and eco friendly detergent like 7th generation (fewer harch chemicals)
    restrict full bathing further to when needed. plain water sponge baths are sufficient. if soap must be used...use one with no perfume or dyes....like oatmeal soap (soothing) or plain casille soap.
    last use pue oils like olive oil, virgin coconut, raw shea, or almond oil. read the ingredients .. if there are additives put it back!
    finally, 100% pure aloe juice or 99%aloe gel will heal.

baby lotion and oil are terrible....and others that work are overpriced and don't fix the underlying problem.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 7:41 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• i use avenno oatmeal bath and i also have the johnsons creamy baby oil(its just like lotion not greasy at all)realy helps) also try getting a vaperizer, put some moist in the air.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 10:38 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• The johnsons lotion is kind of toxic. Get a jar of coconut oil and massage it into your baby's skin.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:19 PM on Dec. 19, 2009