How long can my 1 yr old be outdoors in this temp?

I don't seem to be having much luck finding info online about how long my 16 month old is able to be outside during winter (below 32 degrees, playing in snow type outdoors) We're getting hit by this storm tomorrow and I just bought him mittens and snow boots and a sled and all that jazz- I want to play in the snow!!! Lol! But, I don't know how to tell when it's not okay to have him out? I know there are time limits for little ones, but what are they? Thanks!!

sweetphoenix529

Asked by sweetphoenix529 at 1:49 AM on Dec. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• you need to watch out for frost nip, especially when sledding it can come on faster, just google frost nip for signs and treatment. Our rule here is no one goes out sledding if its 20 degrees or lower and when your out sledding you have to take a break every hour for hot coco and to make sure the under clothes (pants, shirts, socks) are dry.

A 1 y/o typically will hit there limit after about 30 minutes or so (at least mine always did)
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:04 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Below 32 then i would not stay out over a hour. keep checking his hands and nose.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 1:56 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• we ony take our little one out for about 10 minutes at a time,even though she wants to be out longer.but i usaly wait until her 1st nap so its in the afternoon time
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 10:36 AM on Dec. 19, 2009