My husband is addicted to Everquest, what should I do?

No matter how much we fight he continues to play. I have to beg him or bitch at him in order for him to spend time with our 2 yr old little girl and I. I'm sick of it. I don't know anyone in my city bc we just moved here and I have no where else to go. I'm a sahm, so I have no money of my own. I don't want to leave him, but I don't know how much longer I can do this. He played for 1 1/2 yrs after we were married, I got him to stop FINALLY and then his brother came to live with us (who is now gone thankfully) and got him back into it. I need some advice. Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:53 AM on Dec. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• Oh hun I am so with you on this one, I have a evercrack addict and some days there is no getting through to them. Luckily I found a way but everynow and then a raid comes up and he is completely in his own world for 6-9 hours. If you need to PM me and want to talk I would be glad to share tips or just be a ear for you to vent to.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:59 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Instead of bitching at him, try approaching the matter in a calm, but matter-of-fact way. I know this will be hard, because believe me, my husband is the same way with his dumb xbox 360. But I've noticed that when I calmly tell him how I feel about his constant gaming, and make sure i emphasize how much it hurts my feelings, he responds better to that and actually listens and makes an effort to play once a day for 30 minutes to an hour.
    TattooedMommy04

Answer by TattooedMommy04 at 2:02 AM on Dec. 19, 2009