help losing physical help because everyone is giving up

Hi everyone~
i have a son that was born on june 29th 2007. He has been going to the reginal center for about 6 months and has been getting physical theraphy and speech thereapy because he has been bewtween 40 to 50 percent behind in both areas. I have been really trying to work hard on figuring out what is wrong with my son and trying to get as much help as I can to figure it out. below i will list what he does:

throws very aggresive tantrums when in trouble or does not want to do what you are asking of him.
is aggresive to kids if there is more then about 7 kids near him playing. (hits, kicks, sqeezes them)
loves to play with balls
loves to watch mickey mouse and dora

I am really getting frustrated and feeling over whelmed because everything i try seems to not be working to inprove the agrresive side of him. We are going to go get tested for autism on december 29th but i am not sure what to expect. Please any help

magnane

Asked by magnane at 2:02 AM on Dec. 19, 2009 in Health

• I strongly strongly urge you to sit very very quietly in room while ds being tested. Do not respond to him do not tell him you will be in there. Being in there will give you the best insight as to what exactly the evaluator sees himself during testing. Test results can be confusing after the fact when a parent's not in there. Also, if you can take a video of your ds during his hardship situations/episodes. That will help evaluators too in case ds does not have such an episode during testing.

Blessings for rest and helpful results for you mama.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:18 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• thank you very much for the inforamtion. I will try to see if i can capture some of his episodes of being mean to kids and adults and just not stopping
    magnane

Answer by magnane at 6:17 PM on Dec. 20, 2009