Autism evaluation question

My 2 and 1/2 year old son is going to be going in for a autism evaluations with the regional center autism doctors on december 29th. I was wondering what they exactually do? they just explained that they will test him for about 1 1/2 hours and then question us fr a bout 1 1/2 hours and then the doctors will meet and discuss what they think. we are going in because my son has been a very aggresive kids and seems to really have problem when you get more then about 7 kids in the smae room as him. he is a child that will throw toys at a kid, squeeze them really hard. hit them, kick them, tackle them, ect. He is about 45 to 50 percent behind in his language. any help you can give me will be great. please tell me what they do in the test and give me any feed back that you can. thank you

magnane

Asked by magnane at 2:07 AM on Dec. 19, 2009 in Health

• If it's like the autism evaluations my son has gone through they will ask you all kinds of questions about you pregnancy and your son's life. They will want to know when he met his milestones and everything. Then they test the child. In my son's case that meant seeing how he would react to certain things, seeing what he could do, and seeing how he socializes with others. They usually keep it fun for the child. My son thought it was pretty much playtime. He got fussy towards the end though. His was about 5 hours long. If I were you I would pack a few of your son's favorite snacks to keep him happy and entertained while the doctors are talking. At the end the doctor or doctors will come in and tell you their findings and make suggestions as to what could help him. Let me know if you have any other questions. =)
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 3:36 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• KRYSTAL.INGALLS~ do you know if it is not a autism diagnose do they tell you what is could be? How old was your son when he did the test? I am just really worried because I just want answers besides people telling me it is bad parenting or just a 2 year old thing. I have been through 2 year old thing with my other 2 and this is alot more involved then them. thank you for answering
    magnane

Answer by magnane at 5:01 PM on Dec. 27, 2009