would this upset you?

My husband was talking to a friend about this guy that she used to date and he was her "one who got away" my husband said to her yeah I had a few of them who got away in high school. So this upsets me because I don't view any of my ex's as "ones who got away". So does this mean he would rather be with one of the ones who "got away"? I just feel kinda crushed. Am I just being overly emotional about this or would you be upset also?

happy2bamommy86

Asked by happy2bamommy86 at 2:17 AM on Dec. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• I would be crushed too. I'd be like, oh so...you just settled for me huh? Try asking him calmly, what exactly did you mean by that? And tell him how much it really hurt your feelings and go from there.
    TattooedMommy04

Answer by TattooedMommy04 at 2:20 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• I would be upset too...but since he said oneS ...I am sure he doesnt think he was suppose to be with all of them... he probably meant it as an "expression" to relate to his friend he was talking to.

glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 3:07 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• I would ask what he meant by "the one that got away"... I have heard that referred to in 2 different ways: 1) Someone they had a relationship with that ended for a stupid/irrelevant reason & they always wonder what might have been, or 2) Someone they wanted to ask out but never had the courage to.
    Good luck :)
    emslala

Answer by emslala at 4:05 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• honestly i'd take my ring off- hand it to him. say "so she's the one that got away? well go get her" then leave for a couple days. then you'll be the "the one that got away" the one that got away from her stupid asshole husband.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:18 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• well it depends.. some people have fond memories, and some actually have left over feelings and if he saw the woman again he would cheat with her. A lot of problems start when the old flame he wasn't over is back in the picture.. ask him if you have anything to worry about.. i would be worried. but that is because my husband cheated on me with his ex girlfriend after finding her again on myspace,. he had always wondered what it would be like to be with her again. i wouldn't worry unless he has contact with them.. then i would cut that off right away.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:55 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• kissingNo it doesn't mean that. He found who he wanted to marry, you.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:34 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Well, he did say IN HIGH SCHOOL. So maybe he meant he felt that way IN HIGH SCHOOL? Not since he's met you? Just ask him.
    Anonymous

• i would be upset too, for along time i felt that a certain ex was the one that got away, but the day i met my husband i know longer felt that way
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 1:51 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• I wouldn't be upset. They're "The one that got away", but you're the one that he has. You're the one he chose to marry. The one he chose to be with. If you don't see that as a huge importance, then you shouldn't be with him. He didn't chase after them, he didn't try and reconnect with them, he chose you and to be with you. That means that. while they're the ones that got away, you're the one he chose to hang onto.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:52 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• i be upset as i feel that ment he loved someone more than me but i can be very sentive that way
    feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 3:44 PM on Dec. 19, 2009