Trying to get preggo

Hey everyone Still kinda new here but adjusting to the site pretty good.Well I know in my other post I had posted some questions I had about our son.But we are also trying to have our second child as well.We have been trying for almost a year now and the doctor told us if we don't get preggo this month then they will be putting me on fertility pills and watch my progress from there.Well I was told that you are fertile 14 days after your period or is it from the first day of your period.Mine came on the 6th of this month and if it is 14 days from the 6th won't I be fertile the 20th or is it the 19th the reason I ask is she said to wait a full 24 hour's before doing anything.Any advice I will be thankful for.I know I said we are having a tough time here where we live now but we are working on moving out by feb.We already have the place and everything just have to get everything else taken care of and setup...Thanks again.

angel1437

Asked by angel1437 at 2:28 AM on Dec. 19, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• When you are fertile is based on how long your cycles are. If your cycles are 28 days then 14 days would be accurate. However, you have to count backwards 14 days from when your next period is expected to start. It can be super confusing. The best way to try and get pregnant is to have sex every other day. This goes for the entire month (when youre not on your period obviously). After sex, lay on your back with your knees in your chest for about 15 minutes if you can. This is the best way to try and concieve. You dont want to do it every day bc that will lower the sperm count. but every other day is perfectly fine, and this way you are bound to hit your ovulation time at some point. A lot of problems with concieving is just poor timing, so doing it this way is your best chance!! good luck!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 3:25 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• The above post is absolutely correct, it can be confusing, but the best way to figure it out is to go to google and type in ovulation predictor. They will ask you about your previous cycles and give you a good range of when you should be most fertile. also, there is still a small chance of getting pregnant even if its not peak time, so don't give up trying! You do not need to raise your legs or anything, but definately dont get out of bed or go to the bathroom for at least 15 minutes afterwards, thats all the time the sperm need to make their way up. Good luck!!!

Becca9

Answer by Becca9 at 3:47 PM on Dec. 19, 2009