am i really anorexic?

i don't completely starve myself i eat. I only want to get down to 115 or 110. and i don't exercise all the time or completely obsess. why does everyone say i have an eating disorder then? just because i don't eat as big of portions, i don't like eating in public (or socially) and i'd rather skip a couple meals to loose weight?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:13 AM on Dec. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• To heck with what people say. If you're under 90 pounds, then you have some problems. In life other people's opinions should not matter to you, only yours. My sister is petite, but she look great, while I weigh a whopping 170, but I'm tall with it, so its okay. Do you, forget about everyone else. If you don't eat much, so what.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 4:22 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• I wouldn't say you are anorexic, but skipping meals can be harmful and will not allow you to properly lose the weight you want to. If you do lose it you will bounce right back and even gain more. I have trouble losing weight because of the way I eat. I naturally skip meals like breakfast. I hardly ever eat breakfast but I have always been that way. I'm just not hungry in the morning but the more meals I skip the more I eat later. Don't worry so much about what others say. Just take care of yourself. YOu can even talk to your doctor about a weight loss plan. They can help you do it safely.
    MamaCass05

Answer by MamaCass05 at 4:52 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• I wouldn't say you are anorexic, but I wouldn't say that you are being very healthy in the way you are trying to lose weight. Just try to be careful with your health. I am a little concerned over your admittance to not liking to eat in public, because that can be considered (in a more severe form) to be an eating disorder. So please, please be careful and conscious about any increase in your dislike of public eating or any decrease in the amount you eat. I think that although you may not have anorexia as of now, you are at risk if the behavior worsens.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 11:42 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Not unless your very short, 110 sounds super skinny to me. Why dont you like eating in public? That sounds like a disorder to me. Or do you like the attention you get? Skippy meals is not healthy. You might be thinner, but not healthy.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 1:42 PM on Dec. 19, 2009