Can you hear the babys heartbeat at 6 weeks?

This is my second pregnancy i have an appointment tuesday i'll be 6 weeks 2 days. With my daughter i heard her heartbeat at 7 weeks. Do you think i'll be able to hear it at my appointment tuesday?

bsandz

Asked by bsandz at 7:15 AM on Dec. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I can't remember with my three kids when I heard it, long time ago. Congratulations - isn't that exciting? With our third baby we took a tape recorder from home and taped baby's heartbeat to keep, our ob and nurses even my husband thought it wouldn't pick it up from baby being in me plus the doppler but it worked!!! 18 years later that heartbeat preserved forever is still very very precious.

Fingers crossed for you to hear Baby, Mommy! Write back and let me know if you want.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 7:41 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Probably but only during an u/s not with a doppler. Although with my first child they couldn't even find the heartbeat at my 6 wk u/s so they needed to have me come back in 2 wks to check again.
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 7:42 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• the earliest ive ever heard my babies heartbeats was at 10 weeks. That is usually the earliest you can hear the babies heartbeat.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:00 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• See I'm confused. When we went in at 7 weeks. We got to "see" the heartbeat...had a U/S and trans-vag. But there was no sound coming from the machine. Do U/S machines emit sounds?

We will hear the baby on Weds 12/23 via doppler at the Dr's at my 11week visit! ....Positive reinforcment....WE WILL ... lol

Cant wait!
    DisneyBride13

Answer by DisneyBride13 at 9:03 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Yes, I heard my daughter's heartbeat at 6 weeks of course it was trans-vag at that point.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:25 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Anon :25....how did you "hear" the heartbeat via trans-vag? I didnt hear a thing but we were able to see it clear as day beating away. We actually saw it first with the regular u/s and saw it again when they did the trans-vag but no sound...? we were told it was too early for sound?
    DisneyBride13

Answer by DisneyBride13 at 9:46 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• you will more than likey hear your babys heartbeat at your 11 week appt. BTW i love the Jessica Rabbit picture.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• As long ago as 1976 I heard my daughter's heartbeat at 6 weeks, with a hand-held thingie the doc rubbed across my tummy, (no ultrasound back then). Since they could hear the baby's heartbeat at 6 weeks back then, they surely can now, I should think.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 9:57 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• It depends. Mommy's size has something to do with it, the less fat there is over the uterus the easier it is to pick up the hb. The sensitivity of the doplar device being used, and also, baby's position and placental location, all play a part.
    BellaBlondie

Answer by BellaBlondie at 10:42 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• i heard my baby at 5 weeks 5 days heat beat was 116 they did trans-vag the lady that did it said that it is a heathly baby cause usally they dont put up the heart beat till the end of 6 weeks to 7 weeks so you may or may not i hope you do get to hear the heart beat at you appointment i wasnt trying to get happy about the preg cause i misscarried this year but the heart beat is what made me get happy about it
    Anonymous