What is the best brand for hair straighteners?

My hubby is getting one for me for Christmas! Ive never had one before. I was thinking of getting a Con Air Infinity hair straightener. If any of you have used this type, let me know how it worked for you! or just give me other suggestions. Thanks in advance!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:40 AM on Dec. 19, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• CHI is still a good straightner, but they do have a tendency to have problems if not taken care of. The good thing about this brand is that it comes with a warranty. If it does break on you, if it's w/in the first year, you can take it back to any store and exchange it (keep your receipt) otherwise you can send a check or money order for $35 and the flat iron to the company and if they can't fix it, they will just send you a new one.

Soniam, to answer your question. Yes, they have changed the way CHI has been made. The guy who invented the original wasn't offered to renew his contract a few years back and he just left the company with his pantent. Unfortunetly, his new flat iron isn't good.

Another flat iron I LOVE is babyliss. They run the same price as most irons and they are so good for the hair. I have used this on MANY clients who loved the results. Good luck.
    luckmomto2

Answer by luckmomto2 at 1:19 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• I have a chi, which I love!!
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 8:02 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• I picked up a "You Styler" from Target which was not very expensive and works great. It works as a straightener or a curling iron depending on how you use it. I've been happy with it.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:22 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Well, it seems everyone is so into the CHI, which of course it is really good, but I will be honest with you, where I work, it is the top returned item!! They break so easy. I would recommend the Paul Mitchell, which sells for more than the CHI actually, but it is one sale for a really good price right now. I have both, I use my Paul Mitchell more.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:02 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• I bought a Chi turbo. It's ok. But my sister has a paul mitchell and it is the BOMB!!!! The plates dont stick to your hair and i can do it in half the time than the chi does it. It doesnt make it fuzz either. If you use a clairol or revlon brands, ect. you will damage your hair and it will look fried!! I see it all the time. The paul mitchell was $80 at the hair dresser store or if you buy it retail, it's $130 something. ITS WORTH IT!!!!
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 1:38 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• i wonder if they changed the chi in some way. i have had mine for 7 yrs and have not had any of the issues mentioned. it leaves my hair smooth and shiney. it glides smoothly too..
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 3:26 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• I also wonder about the one on TV that rotates. it seems too easy to be as good as it showss on tv.
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 9:25 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• I have a GHD & love it. I had to buy it through my hairdresser & was $150.00.
    Anonymous

• I have a Fusion one- bought it for $50 on sale from $125- it was amazing at first but now the protective black coating on the plates is coming off everytime i use it, so i wouldnt get that brand if i were you.
    snoober_k

Answer by snoober_k at 4:06 PM on Dec. 20, 2009