Couldn't take it anymore...changed my OBGYN

What a long strange trip it's been.....(in only 4 1/2 weeks!)

I am so happy that I have a new OB. I was beginning to feel like I was the only patient with insurance at my Dr's and he was ordering things like crazy to fill his wallet! I,m 10 weeks and 3 days...already had 2 U/S's at 7weeks 10weeks and he wanted another at 12weeks due to some very light bleeding he referred to as implantation bleeding.

I now have a new OB, have my 1st appt with them next weds Dec 23. I will be exactly 11 weeks. I asked if they would be willing to look over both of my U/S's and compare to see if the bleeding got better or worse....was it clots? how big...all the questions my Dr would not answer for me. Was he making it all up? I have no clue!

They are giving me a hard time about expediting my records for Weds too...just to be spiteful. Perhaps they dont want my new Dr to review the U/S's? My new OB is very interested to see them

DisneyBride13

Asked by DisneyBride13 at 8:54 AM on Dec. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Continued....

She wants to know what made him feel that another U/S was warrented so soon after already having 2.

I have not had any bleeding or period like cramping in 3 1/2 weeks which is great as i had the light spotting on a weds, the following weds, and the following monday. So I am overjoyed to have this big stretch with no spotting at all!

Can ligament stretching cause light blood in the uterus? Maybe thats all it was?

Anyhoo...if it was a blood clot...the Dr should have been able to teel me the size of the clot and its location to the baby and he never did. The nurse kept referring to it as a Sub-Chionic Hematoma, so did the U/S tech...but my Dr kept calling it implantaion bleeding?

Just couldnt seem to get a straight answer! Frustrating!

Thanks for letting me vent!

-Jenn
    DisneyBride13

Answer by DisneyBride13 at 8:58 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• If you have medical reasons for u/s, in this case suspicious bleeding then your insurance stands a good chance of covering another one with a new doctor. I'd have that done before any new bloodwork with a new doctor because with implantation the u/s will be first more informative than bloodwork. That'll help right then keep costs down too. Then that day depending on u/s results if there are questionable troubles then bloodwork can be done to determine hormone levels of pregnancy.

Aren't doctors just so bad with records, what I do finally now is get periodically copies of my kids records because of a health concern. Now I don't do battle in case I switch doctors.

Whatever tests waiting for forward, if they don't arrive and the tests are needed in an emergency the new doc will just redo them. Lots of times doctors do that anyway even when old doctors records are received. That's because each doctor usuallywants own tests.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 9:02 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• op, lfl here - oh just realized .... op, who asked your old ob to forward those records of yours to new ob? If YOU with a call or even letter, lots of times it's faster if the NEW doctor's office faxes or mails a form of THEIRS (FROM THE NEW ob) with your signature on the new ob's form asking for every medical record, lab results, ultlrasound picture, and ultrasound results.

Prayers for your for good results!!
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 9:06 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Yeah.. my new ob had me stop by yesterday and sign a release for all of my OB records. I just got a kick out of them when the girl in the office was like....well I dont know if we can get all of the reocrds over to your Dr by weds....I used to work for a Dr...its not hard to fax over records and courier u/s's..... the u/s's were done by an outside company so it should be easy enough for the new ob to just get it from them if need be right? It was done in the new OB's building lol
    DisneyBride13

Answer by DisneyBride13 at 9:12 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Those tests are YOURS...YOU paid for them. Demand they either send the results to your new doc or allow you to pick them up before your appointment with your new OB.

THEY work for YOU...YOU pay THEM...doctors are not the Gods they want us all to believe they are. Stand up for yourself like you did when you changed OBs.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 10:22 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Allergic......Love you! You are so right!

I will be paying them a visit on tuesday if they did not send my new ob anything by monday. If I have to courier the dam records myself...I WILL!

Thanks for giving me the nerve!
    DisneyBride13

Answer by DisneyBride13 at 10:54 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• LOL np. Just think of it this way...if you went to the store and paid for something you wouldn't leave without what you paid for right?
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 11:24 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Good for you. Don't hesitate to look for someone who is going to be looking out for your best interests, not to mention your baby. I was actually able to find a new OB last week (even though I am due 12/26) because I felt my original OB was not doing the job I was paying her to.
    heatkab

Answer by heatkab at 6:35 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• WOW Heat!

Good for you!

Congrats on the baby!
    DisneyBride13

Answer by DisneyBride13 at 8:10 AM on Dec. 21, 2009