Anyone else NOT sending out Christmas cards this year?

Ever since we had kids, I would take a picture and include it in Christmas cards. This year, I still haven't and Christmas is this coming up Friday?? I'm just not feeling like doing it this year. We have only gotten maybe four cards so far? I think people are cutting back?

How about you? did you send them out or not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on Dec. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I started sending out New Years cards a few years back and it has been such a great stress reducer. I still do the picture of the kids with a little update on what has happened over the year and what we are looking forward to in the new year.

I have to be honest, I did this for me. It is a completely selfish gesture, but one that has saved some of my sanity.

I have several friends and family tell me how much they enjoy this. It arrives after all the Christmas cards stop coming so they are more relaxed when it arrives and it helps with that little bit of sad that kicks in when the mail box goes back to bills and ads rather than a handwritten card again.
    myatlantamommy

Answer by myatlantamommy at 11:32 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Not this year, we do usually - but we are trying to cut costs in every way possible. We also have recieved many less cards than usual this year - so think a lot of people are also option out of sending cards this year.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:09 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• We're not either.
    bjw_053109

Answer by bjw_053109 at 9:29 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• im not. i hate xmas cards. all anyone ever does is just sign it. i rather just write a lil letter or put money in it or even a pic.
    jmsteele87

Answer by jmsteele87 at 9:34 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• I hate sending out bulk cards. My hatred isn't limited to Christmas, I dislike invitations and mass thank you notes, too. Like a PP said, all you ever do is end up signing your name, or just writing the same thing in each card. I sent one Christmas card this year to my one friend that would be offended if I hadn't. She is bigtime into cards and notes, etc. I would rather send a card for no reason throughout the year with a personal, heartfelt note. As far as getting one I'm always conflicted, do I throw it in the trash? Or save it? I feel especially guilty for throwing out one with a picture, lol!
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 9:52 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• wreathI can't see it happening this late in the game. I'll send xmas emails!

Answer by admckenzie at 10:02 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• I send them each year. Even to all the schmucky family members who NEVER send them back. I don't care that much about not getting them back; I mean I'd like to of course but; to me it's about making that effort to stay connected.

And to Windy yes it does get a little tedious at times; but I try to make a point to put sometime different and specific to the recipient in each card; not just Happy Holidays from Me on all of them. My mom has a large family (10 bros & sisters) and the majorrity of them live together; I always worry about them going to each other's house and seeing that I'd sent a "form letter" card out; so yeah I really try to think of something different.

And I'm a sentimental sucker so I keep everything; lol - I have a box that gets stored with our decorations...I have no idea what I plan to do with them eventually but....lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• I won't be only because I can't afford to buy the stamps
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 10:30 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• I send them to everyone that gets a picture of the kid so they'll quit nagging me for new pictures.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:50 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• I haven't sent out Christmas cards in like 5 years. We just didn't have the money to justify the cost (mostly for the stamps because last time I sent cards I made them from scratch). This year I could have. I was going to make them on the computer but I'm running low on ink (so that would be a major cost). I could have bought some but it seemed pointless. I only know a few of my family's addresses and we usually get 1 or 2 cards a year (if we get any at all). No body thinks of us.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:56 AM on Dec. 19, 2009