Anyone else NOT send out Christmas cards this year?

Ever since we had kids, I would take a picture and include it in Christmas cards. This year, I still haven't and Christmas is this coming up Friday?? I'm just not feeling like doing it this year. We have only gotten maybe four cards so far? I think people are cutting back?

How about you? did you send them out or not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:08 AM on Dec. 19, 2009 in Holidays

• I haven't done that in about 12 years now. It seems the family all stopped doing it, so I did to.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:59 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• We just started sending them out this year, I mailed them off yesterday.
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 10:49 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• i have never sent out cards before, but this year I sent to everyone in the family and i participated in a card exchange. it was fun to get lots of cards because normally we dont get any lol
    mom_on_strike

Answer by mom_on_strike at 12:01 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• I never do although most years I mean too! LOL I knew this yr it would not happen. I am in school FT have 3 kids and the end of the semester wasa killer so yea not too concerned this yr about it!
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 12:22 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• We haven't sent out Christmas cards in 3 years. It got too expensive, plus we always had a big disagreement about who we should send them to. Most of the people on our list, were family members of my husband that I have never even met, and that he hasn't seen in over 20 years. I think the final straw came when my MIL chewed us out because we didn't send a Christmas card one year to their neighbor ( my husband knew them growing up but we never see them anymore) and an uncle that noone in the family has seen for at least 15 years or longer. We honestly had forgotten to send them, we already had a big long list and it was an oversight. After that, I'd had enough, and I told my husband if we were going to get ripped apart for forgetting cards to people that I don't even know, and that he hasn't seen in umpteen years, we just weren't sending any out. It's one less thing to worry about during this busy time of year.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 12:25 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• I have never sent out Christmas cards. I just never think of it until we start getting them from other people. Then I just put it off and put it off, until it's too late. We may next year, but I won't hold my breath.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:04 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• I sent ours out a couple weeks ago, but I did cut the list back.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 3:02 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Unfortunately, no. We just didn't have the time! This year has gone by so fast!! I'm hoping to get the cards printed by November next year and then sent out the first week of December! We'll see how that goes! =)
    Anonymous

• HaHa. I have cards made out and all but don't have the money for the stamps right now.
    kathynej7142007

Answer by kathynej7142007 at 4:53 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• I've been sick all month and my intentions are there but follow through isn't! I had the cards made in Nov and usually send them out the first week but they are still on my desk half filled out and not stamped. Heck I'd be lucky to get them there by Valentines at this rate lol. I might just stick them with the packages on Christmas day.
    Anonymous