night time potty trained?

My daughter is 4 and she has been full potty trained since she was 3 well now she turned 4 in August and she is still not night time potty trained. I stopped having her wear pull ups when she was 3 1/2 . The last drink she has is at 5 -5:30 and she goes to bed at 8:30 and she goes potty before bed but i still have to keep myself awake until 11-12 to wake her up to go potty otherwise she will pee her bed.
any advice on what to do?

kaylajean86

Asked by kaylajean86 at 9:29 AM on Dec. 19, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• When was the last time you just let her sleep and didn't wake her? I don't know for sure but maybe since you have woken her up for awhile that her body may be used to it and she may wake up on her own now. Also, with her body being used to it, she is going to have to keep going at that time. I would just put a plastic cover on her bed and see what happens.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• I've heard of alarms for the bed. I don't remember exactly how they work but it seems like they wake the child if he/she wets the bed. They are supposed to be pretty helpful.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Sometimes they just don't have a big enough bladder to sleep all night without wetting, I would go back to the pull ups and not worry about it, I also don't think it is a good idea to withhold liquids, water is vital to your body, so if she has nothing between 5:30 and say 8:00 am, it isn't good for her body,,,talk to your peadatrician, but alot of kids can't manage to wake themselves when the urge comes until later, DS will be 5 next week and only was able to do so about a month ago, good luck!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:51 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• My son is in the exact position as your daughter. He turned 4 in Oct. and he still has to wear a pullup to bed. I have tried the same things you have and he still wets the bed. I have been told numerous times that they will stop wetting the bed when their bodies are ready and not to push it. That is the road I am taking. I will just keep buying him pullups till he is dry in the morning on his own. He feels bad when he is wet but he has no control over it yet.
    skylersmom44

Answer by skylersmom44 at 3:53 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• I think go back to the pull ups. She will do it when she is ready. Also, I think she isn't getting good sleep if you wake her up to go to the bathroom. My neice stopped wetting at night when she turned 5 years old.
    grace2joy

Answer by grace2joy at 9:59 PM on Dec. 19, 2009