What R your thoughts on gift cards?

My nieces are six and fourteen. I do not know what they are into. Would it be cool to get them a gift card to Target or Walmart??

Me personally, I LOVE gift cards?? but I don't know what kids think of them?

help- thnx

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Dec. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think they'll be stoked to get a gift card. They can then go and pick out exactly what they want. Kind of like Christmas shopping for themselves. Most all children love gift cards.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:52 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Love em!!! and it takes the guess work out of what they want. I've got a nine year old and she loves bieng able to go shopping with her own card instead of mine...lol:)
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 10:32 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• LOVE THEM!

especially for that reason! I like to get them for people who are either picky or that I don't really know what they're into.
    I'll be getting my 13yr old cousin one this year. (we draw names for my G-ma's christmas)
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 10:36 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Love gift cards and most kids love them too.
    nomadbrat83

Answer by nomadbrat83 at 10:39 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Same here, LOVE EM!! I love getting them from superstores like Walmart, Walgreens, Target etc. because if my little economy's in a pinch I can use them for whatever I need. It sucks because my in laws think they're impersonal yet last year they returned all my gifts (first year I gave gifts instead of gift cards) because it wasn't what they wanted or used. Now I'm back to giving cards again. I have one uncle that gives cash, LOVE HIM too! lol
    magoogie

Answer by magoogie at 10:40 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• have you considered the visa gift cards (or one similar)? they can use them any place that takes visa..perhaps more useable than a single-store gift card. walmart carries them, of course. lol
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 10:42 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• I always get gift cards for my friend's kids. They already have so much that most likely anything I got them would be something they already have. So we do $10-$20 gift cards to Target for each of them. They've never complained and can then get what they want.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:48 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• *just to let you know- the Visa ones are a bit of a pain. And there is usually a fee to buy one. When you use say a Target or Walmart one- they will just take off the amount you spent and if you spend more than what is on the card it will take off the rest no problem (to use it up)
    with a visa card you have to put in an amount- so say you buy something for 6 bucks and there is like 5 27 left on the card-if you don't know how much is on it for the cashier to put it in-it will just deny the card. So- basically youneed to know exactly what is on it for it to be able to go through (so you can make sure to use it all up). Peopl used to get frustrated with those cards all the time when I was a cashier at WM because they wouldn't know the amount and it would deny the card-they would have to go home and call to find out the remaining amnt so they could use it
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:49 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• I think just about everyone loves getting gift cards, lol. I mean...who doesn't like to go shopping with money put on a card for the to use, lol?
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 10:52 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• How about an Amazon Gift Card!

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:55 AM on Dec. 19, 2009