Is it still still safe to lift my baby if I have something possibly prolapsed?? Please help :(

Ever since having my son last year I havent been able to lift anything more then 10lbs doing so makes me leak not only urine but a little of the other stuff from behind. My son is one years old now, and I havent been able to pick him up very often since hes gained weight because of this problem. My husband usually always picks him up etc.

I really MISS picking him up! there are times that I do anyways, even though I think it makes the leaking worse. I NEED to be able to pick him up its breaking my heart and driving me crazy that I cant. Does anyone know if it would be ok to just pick him up anyways? can something only get so prolapsed then it stops?

I do have an appointment with a doctor that deals strictly with this sort of this but its not till April. (I am on a waiting list if anything opens before that) I need to be able to lift my son but not sure if its a good idea he weights 27lbs

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Dec. 19, 2009 in Health

• I couldn't lift more than 10 pounds either and I was a single mom. You don't need to lift your son for some kind of loving feeling. You can sit with him or snuggle in bed. I learned to do things like transfer him to his stroller and then transfer him to his car seat. There was a way I was able to kind of drop him in his car seat. It didn't look pretty but I never hurt him. I was able to figure out lots of different ways to be able to do things. He is 21 now so I forget some of the details.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:49 AM on Dec. 19, 2009