Christmas| Visitors| and a mix of religion

Are you going out of town or having guest come from out of town that share a different religion than you? When you go out of town do you skip Church if the person does not share your religion or do you go to their church? Have you had guest come to your house ? Do those guest leave for a few hours to find a church

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Dec. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• At times we have family or out-of-town friends who aren't Catholic spend the night at our house and they already know on Sunday morning we go to Mass and Sunday School. They are sure to park the night before in the street so as to not block our van in the garage, and we leave them alone in the house for an hour or two. Of course, we always offer to bring them along, but no one has taken us up on our offers yet.
    flatlanderjenn

Answer by flatlanderjenn at 3:34 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• We compromise. I attend Catholic Mass with that side of the family on Christmas Eve, although I am Baptist. And I attend services at my own church on Friday evening this year, Christmas Day. Come to think of it though WE don't compromise, I compromise....as I attend my own church alone. But I am all right with that. : )
    Anonymous

• I'm generally the guest. I have attended midnight mass with my in-laws, partly out of interest, and partly as an act of respect for them. My mother's church doesn't have a service on Christmas eve or Christmas day. Were we here, I would ask visitors what they prefered, but would stay home with them if they were not interested in going with me. Remember God created the family before He created the church so I think family comes first.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 4:34 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• We don't expect non-Jewish relatives/friends to attend services with us. Nor do we feel obligated to attend when visiting. Not unless we are talking about a wedding or Bar Mitzvah. The kind of event that is a service for someone. We don't hesitate to attend those events.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 7:12 PM on Dec. 19, 2009